Calculator on taskbar

swampydrill

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I frequently used the calculator while working on invoices etc, it was easy in Win 7 as you kept on desktop and just flipped in and out of it, now that the calculator in Win 8 is an App, you can go in and out as easy, in fact is a pain in the A. Anyone know how I can pin the calculator to the taskbar and have it minimisable so you don't have to go through start screen all the time

swampydrill

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Can pin to start menu, but if working on a document and want to use calculator, it takes extra clicks to get in and to get out again, surely a new OS should be easier than before but it isn't, this whole APP concept has gone too far in my eyes. Need to get a calc for the desktop that can be left open on the desktop while working.

Bassim Ansari

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I am not talking about start menu.

That would be too far.

You can also pin it to your taskbar and then minimize it. and just maximize it off the taskbar with a single click.

when you right click, instead of pin to start menu, you have to click pin to taskbar !

mwh1107

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
There are 2 Calculators! One of them allows pinning, the other doesn't. The tiled version is not the one you are looking for. Find the last one in the apps search and that will work. Took me a while to figure this out.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS