Question Calendar does not open when I click date and time on taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyexes

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
Unfortunately, I can't remember when exactly it broke, but for a quite some time now clicking date and time on the taskbar has not opened the calendar. It thinks about it, the blue spinning wheel pops up, but the calendar no longer appears.

Ive tried basically every solution you can find by googling the problem.
-uninstalled and reinstalled Mail and Calendar apps from microsoft store
-uninstalling and reinstalling the apps from the powershell
-fixing issues with my microsoft account
-doing an in-place reinstall/repair of windows 10
-resetting all the time-related settings like time zone and sync, etc.
-sfc /scannow & dism tool have been run, both complete just fine and have not helped
-Windows Store App troubleshooter finds nothing wrong

When making a new user account, the calendar works on that account, but there would be a significant amount of work to be done for me to switch my current users stuff over to a new user so I would prefer not to do that, but this problem is stupid and vague and obviously Microsoft support themselves are actually useless at getting assistance. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

Whyexes

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
You normally left click the date and time in order to make the calendar appear - correct?

Try a right click and check the configuration settings throughout.

= = = =

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for your input, unfortunately these are also things I have tried, to no avail. I forgot to list them in the original post because Ive tried so much I lost track, but I will add them to that list. I have also dug around and reset every setting I can find related to the calendar and nothing has fixed it, including making sure the calendar privacy settings were not blocking it.

sfc /scannow completes just fine ans yields the message: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth completes and yields the message: The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

I did this before, but I just ran them again and performed a restart and nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS