Calibrate monitor so you can see clear without glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyTransfer

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2012
So I'm wondering, and believe that there is a way to calibrate a monitor so you don't need glasses to see clear, I just don't know how to do it or if it is possible.

So this is what I'm thinking, just make the monitor like glasses whatever vision you have you can adjust it.

Do you guys think it is possible or do you know of a way to make this work.

Make sure it is set to display at its native resolution for the sharpest images. Using a lower resolution will make things bigger, but they will be fuzzy.
If using the native resolution makes lettering too small, make the fonts larger. Or, it may be that you really do need glasses :).

USAFRet

Titan

That depends entirely on your eyes and how bad they are. Nearsighted? Farsighted?
With my eyeballs, the only way to make it readable without glasses is to make the individual characters about 2" high.

You can increase the font size to whatever you want. Beyond a certain point, though, it is too big and unusable.

If you can hold up a newspaper at the exact same distance as the monitor, and read it, then either 1) the monitor is not at its native resolution, or 2) the monitor is defective.
If you cannot read the newspaper without glasses, the same will be true of the computer monitor.

USAFRet

Titan

As a long time eyeglass wearer (45+ years), I don't think this is possible or practical.
I use multiple screens at work and home. But never is the computer screen the only thing in my vision. So to look at anything else, I'd need the glasses. So on-off-on-off, etc. No thanks.

Additionally, eyeglasses and contacts work because they are right next to your eyeball. The computer screen is 18-30" away. Significantly different physics in how things focus at those differing distances.

Lastly, a screen focused for my eyes at a specific distance would not allow anyone else to look at it and see things in focus.

OK...'possible'? Yes, anything is possible.
Practical? No.
Expensive" Certainly.

jjs0891

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
You'd have to make the screen a lense itself. That would make the monitor 3x (or more) expensive. Other people without the same vision as you wouldn't be able to see the monitor the same way you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.