Question Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War connection type

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
I have started playing COD Black Ops Cold War and my connection type is set to moderate. I am trying to change it to open but with no luck. Main thing I have done is opened up ports in my router, that didn't change anything. The in game settings says to open up 3074, which I did. I also found videos stating several more ports to open which I did. Still nothing changed. I changed my network type from private to public and back to private, nothing changed.

I have found a couple odd issues. I have allowed the game through the firewall. But once I close that firewall page and open it back up, its like I never changed anything, it goes back to how it was originally. Also in the firewall game page, there are several entries for COD Black Ops Cold War. Some are just COD Modern Warfare. Most of them are set to public already but there is one set to private and another not selected at all. When I change both of those to public, close the firewall page and go back to it, its back to how it was before.

Also I have watched some videos about this and few said try going to the router properties in the network folder of Windows 11. When I right click the router icon and go to properties, it says properties for this item are not available. Not sure what that means. Also not sure if that has anything to do with my issue.

Not sure why I am having so much trouble with this. Others I play with says its simple and didn't have any issues. I am running on Windows 11 and a wired connection to a router that is connected to the ISP modem. I don't use the router on the ISP modem.

D

Deleted member 362816

My connection always said moderate in that game and it never caused me any issues. Same with other COD games in the past also.

If you are able to play what is your worry so I can better understand?

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
My connection always said moderate in that game and it never caused me any issues. Same with other COD games in the past also.

If you are able to play what is your worry so I can better understand?

Haven't been playing that long but hasn't caused me any issues yet that I am aware of. Well not sure if matchmaking would be any quicker on open vs moderate, normally does take several seconds to find a group. Of course that could be normal even on open. Does say in game that open can have easier time finding others to match with. Also the group I play with is all on open and I don't want to be the one to slow the matchmaking down.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Back when CoD4 came out, I had the same issue. Found out that there are several ports you have to open, not just the one.
Googling all the ports that need to be open for an Open connection type should help. I think some of them are specific to either the ISP and the router as well, but I do not recall.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Back when CoD4 came out, I had the same issue. Found out that there are several ports you have to open, not just the one.
Googling all the ports that need to be open for an Open connection type should help. I think some of them are specific to either the ISP and the router as well, but I do not recall.

I opened up 5 all together and still nothing. Found videos listing several different ports to open.

D

Deleted member 362816

I opened up 5 all together and still nothing. Found videos listing several different ports to open.

I understand what you are trying to accomplish but if you are not having issues in game I wouldn't worry about this at all. I have always had the moderate waring in those games with zero impact.