Call of Duty: Elite Free in Black Ops 2, Season Pass Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
remember the days of a few hundred maps on disc and people modded new maps into the game, you had full control over serves so if you wanted 128 player multiplayer, or thought you had a good enough mod for 256 you could to it... i miss those days...

whats the game come with 12 maps at most? all the size of my house?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tomate[/nom]so season pass is the new business model now?[/citation]

if you know there will be dlc, and you have a planned ammount, like borderlands 2, i see no problem with a season pass. its gives you all the content the day its released, some times sooner, for less money than buying it new...

borderlands 2, first pass dlc was something like 8 hours long with an over leveled character beating the hell out of it. thats 8 hours where you 1 shot and dont need to worry (gametrailers invisible walls) so if you played it naturally, ill assume 8-10 hours, per character, per play though, which would give you about a 20 hour extention per character.

see thats 10$ solo or 7.50 if you buy it in pack... and honestly, every 5$ i spend should get me minimum of 2 hours of fun, and borderlands 2 with 1 dlc managed almost pay for itself, and 3 more to go

granted i look at this differently with a multiplayer fps (i never played borderlands 2 multiplayer, i just dont like that) because 15$ gets you 3 maps, when games use to ship with 30+ maps that were bigger than what they shove out now.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]if you know there will be dlc, and you have a planned ammount, like borderlands 2, i see no problem with a season pass. its gives you all the content the day its released, some times sooner, for less money than buying it new...borderlands 2, first pass dlc was something like 8 hours long with an over leveled character beating the hell out of it. thats 8 hours where you 1 shot and dont need to worry (gametrailers invisible walls) so if you played it naturally, ill assume 8-10 hours, per character, per play though, which would give you about a 20 hour extention per character. see thats 10$ solo or 7.50 if you buy it in pack... and honestly, every 5$ i spend should get me minimum of 2 hours of fun, and borderlands 2 with 1 dlc managed almost pay for itself, and 3 more to gogranted i look at this differently with a multiplayer fps (i never played borderlands 2 multiplayer, i just dont like that) because 15$ gets you 3 maps, when games use to ship with 30+ maps that were bigger than what they shove out now.[/citation]

Borderlands is an example of DLC done properly it is ACTUAL CONTENT not just a lame map thrown together but actual content your paying for. At no point do I think paying the redicous money Activision is asking for their DLC is worth it, you get what from what maps, guns, mabey a new skin and thats in for their DLC for COD games and the like. Those kind of things use to be free updates and we use to have several player made maps which would make a lot of the newer players heads explode from excitement.

UT2k4 for example came with a lot of maps, but than that map count increased dramatically after the modding community started and the people who put it out even made it easier for us by combining the best maps for us in map packs so we pretty all had the same maps to work with.

I miss those days, as they seem to be mostly gone. So many companies have decided now to try to milk every last cent from us instead.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Borderlands is an example of DLC done properly it is ACTUAL CONTENT not just a lame map thrown together but actual content your paying for. At no point do I think paying the redicous money Activision is asking for their DLC is worth it, you get what from what maps, guns, mabey a new skin and thats in for their DLC for COD games and the like. Those kind of things use to be free updates and we use to have several player made maps which would make a lot of the newer players heads explode from excitement.UT2k4 for example came with a lot of maps, but than that map count increased dramatically after the modding community started and the people who put it out even made it easier for us by combining the best maps for us in map packs so we pretty all had the same maps to work with.I miss those days, as they seem to be mostly gone. So many companies have decided now to try to milk every last cent from us instead.[/citation]

i forgot to add that, that most of what they put out now use to be free back in the day... or with cd project red... one of the very few developers i respect any more. look at all they put out for free... god i miss the days when this was a common occurance.

whats funny is that when anyone mentions those days, the common retort we get is "do you think they dont deserve money for their work" or "do you just want the whole game free" and i hear that crap from people in the games industry from reviewers to the developers.

we use to get content for free. we use to get modable games, we remember those times and we stare at the industry today and wonder when the day will come that bug fixes are payed content.

Wasn't the point of Elite the free DLC (AKA, Map Packs) you received?
This seems like a massive insult to the people who have already payed $50 for the premium content, and less than a year later its being offered for free. With the primary attraction of it (The DLC) now requiring payment again.
Activision had better change strategies soon, they are going to kill off their one remaining golden goose.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]manofchalk[/nom]Wasn't the point of Elite the free DLC (AKA, Map Packs) you received?This seems like a massive insult to the people who have already payed $50 for the premium content, and less than a year later its being offered for free. With the primary attraction of it (The DLC) now requiring payment again.Activision had better change strategies soon, they are going to kill off their one remaining golden goose.[/citation]

the way i, and most people saw elite was that it was just getting the maps cheaper/free/a little sooner than everyone else.

they either decided that there is to much competition and elite should be free (from black ops 2 on) to give more incentive to buy cod,

or they figured out that a monthly price point hampered the sales of dlc, as in, people didnt want to sign up for a monthly bill, and they dropped out of cod sooner than someone who may have gotten a season pass.

if you want to look it from a positive light,

elite was a test to see if they could charge a monthly rate for multiplayer, and that test failed.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
As long as people let publisher do this, they will do it.

I do not accept dlc, especially ones that are done before publishing the game.

That is why i dont buy games that do this.

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Remember when COD was fun? COD:UO was worth paying more for. There are very few franchises that I've gone from loving to absolutely despising.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]p3t3or[/nom]Remember when COD was fun? COD:UO was worth paying more for. There are very few franchises that I've gone from loving to absolutely despising.[/citation]

i still play it is more fun than anyother CoD...well except CoD 2 and maybe even MW1 (4) but CoD:UO and 2 are still flooded with good servers i love to play BAS and CTF on CoD:UO and TDM-CFT on CoD2.

CoD is a good franchise but is being killed by Activision/Treyarch that why literally EVERYONE (i think even the janitor) left IW Studios. the golden age of CoD was 2004-2006 when we had CoD:UO / 2 on Pc and some great titles on consoles (Big red one is the major example) or even the CoD 2 port to 360.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]CoD has become the Madden of shooters... people just line up to burn their money every year for no good reason.I continue to be absolutely dumbfounded by how popular these games are... I've tried them and I just don't get it at all. Maybe I need to be 15 years younger...[/citation]

Age isn't the deciding factor. I am in my teens and I stopped playing CoD when Mw2 came out as it was just crap, CoD WaW was decent at best, Black Ops wasn't an improvement and Mw3 came out, it was like a slap in the face.

I bought Mw3 for $15 at my local store back in late December just for those random shooting nights and I really haven't touched it since April.

Age doesn't matter, it's the lack of common sense.

G

Stop bitching. Just stop supporting these scumbag companies. The only thing they respond to is money so starve them of it.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]manofchalk[/nom]Wasn't the point of Elite the free DLC (AKA, Map Packs) you received?This seems like a massive insult to the people who have already payed $50 for the premium content, and less than a year later its being offered for free. With the primary attraction of it (The DLC) now requiring payment again.Activision had better change strategies soon, they are going to kill off their one remaining golden goose.[/citation]
I would agree with you. But, I think most of the people bought Elite for the DLC.

I think in a way this will extent the milking of CoD since they are calling it what it is now. Also, I think they might be doing this because of EA's battlelog given that it was used by BF3 and now it's going to be used by the new Metal of Honor as well.

Activision Blizzard has been shooting themselfs in the foot it seems to me recently.....

G

I don't see a cow able to milk anymore (infinityward). Instead it's lactating blood and farting deadly methane gases :na: by the hands of activision.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Black Ops 2 map DLC for a package deal of 50€ and the game for 60€ = 110€ = 143.62$ for a recycled game with some dlc's that should have been included with the original offering at that price-tag. I really hope people vote with their hard earned money.

Borderlands wasn't that far from this in total price but heck did they offer value for the money, the dlc's were big and well made.

CoD died when they removed the ability to add custom made maps / mods on dedicated servers. P2P game play is doomed to be infested with cheaters of all sorts and be happy as long as its just cheaters as P2P open up a host of new attack vectors to your system as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.