Call Of Duty: Ghosts Graphics Performance: 17 Cards, Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say that Call of Duty defined, and then refined, the console-based first-person shooter experience

It is funny to see this as CoD1 and CoD2 were originally PC games. CoD2 was the first to be ported to the 360 but CoD3 was the first multi-console one of the series, with no release on the PC.

I loved 1 and 2 and 4 was pretty good but now CoD is just the same thing every year. It's just a cash cow currently with no innovation while 1 & 2 were very innovative (CoD1 was the first to have real recorded sounds for every gun used in the game).

I haven't done a CoD since 2. It's too bad as it could have been a great series if it didn't become console and money centric.

Also, on page 9 the chart for the FPS says Battlefield 4......

my last cod was mw2 which i stopped playing due to lack of dedicated server. The last i enjoyed was cod4.

bf is much better (personal opinion), 64 players on a huge map with vehicles and desctructions, better than cod

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Been playing this game on PC ever since it's release, and I gotta say, this is probably one of the worst performing games that I've ever seen. I'm running an FX-8350, a GTX 780, and 32GB of RAM, and this game will still dip below 45fps. I don't care what anyone says, but CoD and IW6 should be running with no issues on a rig like that. It's a little suspicious when I can get 60fps consistent on a game like Battlefield 4 with max settings, but CoD:Ghosts stutters like Porky Pig. Even Metro: Last Light runs better than CoD:Ghosts!

This game is horribly optimized and buggy. People on Steam forums have been complaining about game-breaking bugs from day one, and there's still issues that haven't been answered for, yet. Like the one in Squad Mode where you can't use any of your squad members in a game, except for the first one. Or the earlier bug where people couldn't even create their first soldier, because they didn't have 3 squad points to unlock it, hence locking them out of multiplayer.

Skip out on this game. Infinity Ward obviously doesn't care about the PC market, and their horrible release just further solidifies that fact. Spend your money on a MP shooter that doesn't insult it's audience.

Quake or Unreal Tournament, anyone?

oxiide

Distinguished

I get that you're trying to phrase that as an AMD fanboy taking a shot at Nvidia, but frame variance is all over the place in this review. There's AMD hardware all over those charts too, not just clustered at the low end.

These frame variance numbers often aren't even logical—the HD 7990, with lower frame variance than a single HD 7950? A GTX 690 doing better than a single 670? I think its clear that the quality of Infinity Ward's PC port is a factor here, and maybe that's more important than pouncing on Nvidia's mistakes.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
All my friends hated, but hated, the graphics and they are now playing the new battlefield. The only good thing I heard was that the game lobby was well designed.

Successful or not the future success of this franchise has taken a hit from ghost. Diablo3 also had massive sales figures. And now Blizzard will have to come up with a miracle to generate the same amount of hype that accompanied the Diablo3 pre-launch. That franchise is practically dead in the water.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Huh, not bad for a game that runs on a modified quake III engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/call-of-duty-ghosts-still-using-heavily-modified-q-29395281/

It was not completely serious. I am just sick of some of the some of the NVidia fanboys that always bash AMD for frame variance.

I do have an AMD bias but lately I am a bit disappointed with BOTH AMD and NVidia.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
CPU scaling can't be THAT good if the difference between the FX-8350 and FX-6300 is practically limited to clock speed. What are those extra two integer cores and FlexFPU doing?

The FX chips require a clock speed bump to keep parity with Intel, which is a tall order given that it looks as if each chip is using its turbo mode frequently and there's a pretty hefty IPC disadvantage on AMD's side. The FX-4170's poor showing could be because it's a Bulldozer part as opposed to Piledriver, whereas the PII doesn't have a turbo mode to begin with.

Traciatim

Distinguished
I thought these next gen games are supposed to be finally where AMD destroys Intel... at least that's what the AMD fanatics kept saying. Now that they are here we have the 8350 just barely passing by an i3, just like it's always been. Then it gets beaten by an even wider margin using a stock i5 that's 2 gens old. Where's the destruction? I want some CPU fighting so that we finally see some performance progress again.

G

Where would a 7870 GHz edition fall? Just below the 7950 boost?

bucknutty

Distinguished
The Geforce 210 would not launch the game because it can not run DX11. Ghosts is DX11 only. My older gamming system is a q9650 with 3 GTS250s in 3 way sli. It wont launch the game. Any one know of a hack to trick this game into running in DX9 or DX10?

cleeve

Illustrious

7870 GHz is virtually identical to the Radeon R9 270, a teeny bit slower than the R9 270X we tested.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Let us know if you do. Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia and AMD will be very interested in seeing how you worked that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.