Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Engine Focused on Gameplay

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]The multiplayer doesn't look fun...reminds me of halo, just that it's not halo, which sucks, frankly.Lol no DX11 because consoles cant support it.[/citation]

Halo Reach is more fun than CoD and BF combined. Clearly, you've never seriously played it before - like most of the custom playlists.

G

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Your argument is flawed already. I'm a true gamer, but I'm not "competitive". I play for immersion, so I will bitch about immersion being broken by shitty graphics. I honestly don't care whether I'm better at fragging people in multiplayer (though I DO enjoy a good LAN match in Dawn of War or custom WC3 map), I have better things to do with my time. Not saying MP is bad... it's just my preference not to play it... but the point is that your conception of a "true gamer" is messed up. Odds are that you're a console player. Am I right? In this case, try any of your console stuff on a good PC and then tell us if you still wanna come back to the shitty dumbed down blurry jerky console graphics. You might not care about graphics, but why purposefully go for worse?[/citation]

I true gamer doesn't play for immersion, they play for the game play; hence the word GAMER, and not IMMERSION-ER. Want immersion? Go watch a 3D movie.

I play PS2 games still and have no issues with the graphics. Why? Because the games are fun as shit. THAT, my friend, is a true gamer.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

GTFO. Gameplay=depth of immersion. I don't want a "fun" game, I want memorable, deep interactive experience. Mass Effects and DAO were perfect in that sense, as were GTA SA and a few other games. Keep playing your PS2 toys; I'll go for something that is worth my time.

Oh, and just so you know: on PCs, we can turn most of our games 3D, so keep your movies :p 3D movies aren't immersion, they're presence effect and a way to charge you double for the cinema, that's all.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Obviously just excuses to keep selling the exact same game. But people buy it anyway, so why blame them? At least it gives companies an excuse to make non-modern setting FPS games, as the market for those is beyond saturated at this point. Too bad no one is taking the initiative.

[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]Was the iPAD made out of wood and from the back of a car trunk?[/citation]

Hate to quote someone quoting a bot, but those stores charge you like $1 for placing a .01 bid even if you lose, so a sale at $10.00 means $1000 for the company, 999 people out $1, and one winner, who's probably using a bot. A funny way to sell things, really.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Halo Reach is more fun than CoD and BF combined. Clearly, you've never seriously played it before - like most of the custom playlists.[/citation]

I have, finished the campaign in coop with my friend. You've misunderstood me. I meant it plays like Halo, and it is not halo, it's cod. For cod to play like halo is what sucks, halo does NOT suck at all. Played halo 1, 2, parts of 3 and reach. :)

G

Im more into the great storylines and gameplay because the graphics will be good anyway at the current time. Even though i hate it when people talk about god and stuff like that the story and gameplay in assassin's creed 1, 2, and 3 was too good to get away from. Mass effect 1 and 2 had a great story cant wait for 3. COD is just fun to play and i like the campaign. Ive played bf2 and bfbc the graphics are great but it bored me after 3 or 4 mp games. And lastly the halos were great gameplay, storyline, and graphics (even if idc about graphics) were great when you go into theater mode, i bought Halo Reach 1 week after release (in australia) for $50 on ebay when the instore price was 100. That proves that the stores are in major crap.

G

more random noobs who dont research game or listen to directors mw3 runs on 2 gaph system combined raven software and iw 5 i mglad any of you can think for yourself get lifes

Status
Not open for further replies.