Question Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare causing PUBG to lag and stutter.

joshtammi

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
I have been playing PUBG for a few years now, go to game for my mates and me. Recently the holidays had us all away so I purchased COD to give it a go.

Great game and it runs perfectly fine but I have noticed that when I play PUBG after playing COD, PUBG suffers from stuttering frame rate drops every 20 - 30 seconds for about 0.3 seconds. I don't want to completely assume COD is the problem, however I have never seen this issue in the years I have played, with my rig not changing in the last 12 months and neither my internet connection.

Today for example, i played PUBG without issue, then played a couple of COD rounds. Came back to PUBG and the stuttering had started.

I restarted my PC and went back to PUBG (in the exact same match btw - I hid in a corner haha) and the stutters had dissapeared.

Is it possible that playing COD then playing PUBG after it (keep in mind I exit out of COD, it is not running in the background or minimised) is causing these stuttering moments? I doubt it is my PC as it's very high spec and I've not had issues in the year since building. It's also custom loop on the CPU and GPU which both never get above 60C even when gaming.

Cheers!

Main specs of my PC are:
Gigabyte Z390 Auros Master
i9-9900k
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti
Kingston Hyper X 32gb @ 3600mhz
Samsung 1Tb 970 Pro NVMe M.2

joshtammi

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
Did you close COD: MW's respective launcher? Maybe that's running something in the background even though the game is closed?
Beyond that, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.
Hey mate, thanks for the reply!
Yeah I made sure closed both COD and Battle.Net so they were fully shut down not just minimised anywhere, mind you I didn’t check what might have still been running in the background.