News Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Needs 213GB on PC With HQ Textures

Almost to the point where you'll need a nas with some form of raid to fit all the games.
hmm I would rather keep that Raid 0 on local storage than across the network. Its why I still have a raid 0 setup in my rig and have been considering upgrading my 1TBx2 drives to either 2x2 or 4x4 will see how sales are later this year. I still have an M2 Drive that is free for games that will benefit from the games that support direct storage.

Geef

Distinguished
This is probably another reason why a 16GB video card is a good idea. Also a reason to make sure your internet connection subscription is set for Unlimited download. If one game does it then everyone else will follow.

---

I stopped playing CoD after what they did to those streamers though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if we ever get 8k texture packs, games will need 1tb just to install. I got a 4tb ssd yesterday and jokingly said soon that only hold 4 games. Soon?

I wouldn't be playing it anyway.

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
if we ever get 8k texture packs, games will need 1tb just to install. I got a 4tb ssd yesterday and jokingly said soon that only hold 4 games. Soon?

I wouldn't be playing it anyway.
Wouldn't the texture packs be compressed? Or is there something I do not understand?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Yes, but they still might be big. I don't know as I can't see the future.
If any games are 1TB to install, I will absolutely not be playing them since at my current 25 Mbps internet it would take about 11 hours to install. Not to mention, My 2 TB SSD would only be able to hold two games.

Crazyy8

Prominent
Sep 22, 2023
In what world do we need that hi res textures? We don't need to see the sweat pores on some background character 200 meters away. Half-Life 2 and it's episodes have great looking textures and models even today, just improve them a bit and focus on gameplay and boom: Good looking game with fun gameplay that barely takes up 10GB.

Nov 3, 2023
A number of misconceptions are unfortunately going around, including this article.

First, the number listed is the download, not install size. All in it's 166GB right now.
Second, that is not for MW3, but rather it is for 3 games: Warzone, MW2 and MW3 combined. At ~55GB per game, that's actually pretty good. Part of the reason it can do that is a chunk is shared between the 3. So yea, if you only installed 1 game it would be more than the 55GB, but nowhere near 213GB. However, having all 3 makes it relatively small.

I only play the campaign. Why can't there just be an option for that?
There is. Select Modify Install, uncheck everything that is not Campaign.
I stopped playing CoD after what they did to those streamers though.
I hope you are just missing the context, but a bit of clarity: The streamer was the one that was the royal POS, refused to appologise, and then Activision removed his pack despite the loss of income it would mean, because they didn't want to be a part of that.

The second streamer chose to pull their bundle out of support of the first, Activision did not do anything to them except honoring their request.
In what world do we need that hi res textures? We don't need to see the sweat pores on some background character 200 meters away. Half-Life 2 and it's episodes have great looking textures and models even today, just improve them a bit and focus on gameplay and boom: Good looking game with fun gameplay that barely takes up 10GB.
Reminder that the reason HL2 looks OK today ( sorry, but NOT great ), is because their install size was quite huge back in the day, because they were pushing the boundaries then. And it's not about need, because we don't need games period. It's about choosing to do better, rather than stagnating.