Question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pixelated o

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanvox

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
I am having pixelation issues with the new COD Modern Warfare game on PC. Even the cut scenes are looking like something from a PS2. This is the only game I have issues on. Everything else is fine. Drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Here is what I am running. I will leave some screen shots below that.

MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB DDR4
AMD Radeon RX 5700
Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
Sceptre Monitor @144hz and 1080

Pic 1
Pic 2

I am having pixelation issues with the new COD Modern Warfare game on PC. Even the cut scenes are looking like something from a PS2. This is the only game I have issues on. Everything else is fine. Drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Here is what I am running. I will leave some screen shots below that.

MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB DDR4
AMD Radeon RX 5700
Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
Sceptre Monitor @144hz and 1080

Pic 1
Pic 2
The game usually installs shaders in each log in. Make sure you have not paused shaders installation. Next i would check your in-game settings. I do not recall all options but try to find resolution settings & scale and make sure they are at native monitor resolution and 100% scale. Also AMD has introduced Image Sharpening with their new Adrenalin 2020 drivers. By default they have it enabled for gaming, at 80%. It's a mess for me too with this option enabled. Uncheck it at Global Settings and tell me how it went.

To add to it, the Season 2 update is causing graphics slow-downs and lag for many users (including me). My frame rate dropped by 20-30fps from around 120 fps to in the 90s after the update as measured by the in-game meter. The actual frame rate looks somewhere in the 20s. It's terrible.

I have been thoroughly impressed with COD prior to this. I'm guessing they'll have this fixed soon.

Last edited:

ryanvox

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
The game usually installs shaders in each log in. Make sure you have not paused shaders installation. Next i would check your in-game settings. I do not recall all options but try to find resolution settings & scale and make sure they are at native monitor resolution and 100% scale. Also AMD has introduced Image Sharpening with their new Adrenalin 2020 drivers. By default they have it enabled for gaming, at 80%. It's a mess for me too with this option enabled. Uncheck it at Global Settings and tell me how it went.

Shaders are 100% installed. The in game settings are as they should be. Image sharpening is also disabled. The game isn't unplayable. it just looks like its running less than 30FPS but it says my aversage is 246FPS.

Shaders are 100% installed. The in game settings are as they should be. Image sharpening is also disabled. The game isn't unplayable. it just looks like its running less than 30FPS but it says my aversage is 246FPS.
hmmm i didn't get the update yet, but it looks like they messed up something. Better report this to the developers as well because it doesn't look like it's on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.