Question call of duty mw2 graphics upgrade?

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hi guys
ive been out of the latest pc hardware for a bit. Just purchased call of duty mw2 that was just released.
My system is a ryzen 1600 with a geforce 2070.. 12 gig ram.. not the newest, but it seems based on their recommended hardware specs its right in the "decent or good " category .
the game performs ok on the lower settings. I also have a huge samsung 51 in screen so I know that makes it harder for the game to render that size which most people may or may not have..

dont want to spend a grand, as it seems these shooters arent as released as much as they used to be..
But would like some better performance..

what would be a good upgrade for a gpu knowing that my cpu is probably fine..
I game on occasion so dont want to tie up too much in a card..

so best band for the buck either amd or geforce for a reasonable price to get a performance boost? suggestions which is beter amd or gerfoce as I know they kind of go back and forth..

thanks so much

The system itself had ddr3 I believe and as fsr as the video card.. whatever the rtx 2070 comes with...

Are you suggesting more ram?
It cannot be DDR3 with your cpu. Can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. It will help understand what you are starting with. Miss matched RAM (4+8) could hurt performance and even more so if its slow RAM.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
It cannot be DDR3 with your cpu. Can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. It will help understand what you are starting with. Miss matched RAM (4+8) could hurt performance and even more so if its slow RAM.
Sure let me get the specifics for you.. ..the current res taken down a notch to make it so so performance for now is..1920x1080

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 59.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 - 10.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB - 31.7%
USB: Verbatim STORE N GO 8GB - 6.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 35.9%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

Ok you have 16gb (2x7gb) and not 12GB, that’s good. However it’s not running at the correct speed. You should try going into the BIOS and enabling XMP or DOCP (depends what your motherboard calls it) and selecting 3000mhz which RAM is rated for. This might not be stable, 1st generation Ryzen sometimes struggled with 3000mhz, if not stable try 2933 or 2666. RAM speed will impact overall performance, once you get this working run the test again and share the link.

There is performance you are not getting because of the current RAM settings.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
What a difference in fps! Thanks !! I don't expect to get max graphics but decent ones for a little older hardware.. I can't even tell the difference in the detail but much improved!!

I. Always left my ram auto I guess on auto it doesn't push the performance