Question Call Of Duty Warzone is having a lot of stuttering

Mar 27, 2020
Hello guys i installed warzone on launch and when i try to play it the game stutters a lot. I checked msi afterburner to check my gpu usage and whenever my fps was constant the gpu usage was at 100% which is fine but when it stutters meaning when it drops to like 10 fps then the gpu usage drops to 0%. These drops happen even if i am just looking at the sky. my temps are fine, they are around 60-65 celcius for my gpu and almost same temps for cpu aswell. I am really desperate to get this problem solved. I dont have this problem in any other games but i do have it in call of duty black ops 3. i think this problem for me only occurs in cod games.

Here are my specs:
GTX 1050 Ti 4gb
i5-4460S 2.90GHZ
8gb ddr3 4x2 ram
450w psu

Edit: I forgot to mention that my cpu usage is constantly at around 85-100%

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What graphic/resolution settings are you playing in and what fps are you getting before it stutters? 1050Ti shouldn't be giving your cpu too hard of a run in terms of frame pre-rendering but if playing in super low details, it may be possible, especially playing online matches where even more demand is put on cpu.

Cpu nearing on 100% or if pegged at 100% is a lot worse than the gpu being at the same level. If you can, limit or disable background services, startup items, Cortana etc to free up resources and see how you go with cpu usage in game. Limiting fps or increasing details to lower demand on cpu frame prer-endering can help.

Might also want to check memory and pagefile usage with your Cod games. Each game handles memory differently but Windows can consume anywhere between 2~3 GB for itself and that doesn't really leave much and a tendency for the pagefile to be used a lot.

Might also want to check memory and pagefile usage with your Cod games. Each game handles memory differently but Windows can consume anywhere between 2~3 GB for itself and that doesn't really leave much and a tendency for the pagefile to be used a lot.
This one is about mem only,the game gobbles up horrendous amounts of ram both system and vram.
You have to shut down anything that uses mem and you have to use low quality settings to reduce the vram that the game uses.
Having the pagefile on an ssd is absolutely demanded for this game because no matter how much you reduce the ram usage the game alone will use more than 8Gb system and 4Gb vram.

This one is about mem only,the game gobbles up horrendous amounts of ram both system and vram.
You have to shut down anything that uses mem and you have to use low quality settings to reduce the vram that the game uses.
Having the pagefile on an ssd is absolutely demanded for this game because no matter how much you reduce the ram usage the game alone will use more than 8Gb system and 4Gb vram.
It’s probably both. I’ve seen lots of people reporting issues with quad core/threads playing this game. This wasn’t a strong quad core when new.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Mar 27, 2020
What graphic/resolution settings are you playing in and what fps are you getting before it stutters? 1050Ti shouldn't be giving your cpu too hard of a run in terms of frame pre-rendering but if playing in super low details, it may be possible, especially playing online matches where even more demand is put on cpu.

I am playing on 1080p high textures and everything else on low. when i play on low textures the gpu usage never reaches 100% but when playing on high it reaches 100%.

Mar 27, 2020

I have done all these methods. i close every app except the battle.net launcher and msi afterburner. i thought the problem might be that i was using overclocking so i disabled but it had no change. When gpu is on 100%, game runs on 50-60fps but when the usage drops then so does the fps. the usage drops to like 10% and sometimes 0%. i have stuttering even in the main menu. Also, i was recently playing far cry 3 and i noticed something. my gpu usage was at 50-60% while cpu was at constant 100%. i saw benchmark vids with the same gpu but they were getting 100% gpu usage and around 50-60% cpu usage. However, i dont get any drops in far cry 3 and i can easily play at ultra settings 50-60fps. i didnt check my other games. if u want i could send a screenshots of my usage in other games.

Mar 27, 2020
Here is my usage in CSGO i will soon send screenshots of other games. in csgo cpu usage is also abnormal. it is at 70-90% while gpu usage is at 40-60%
csgo-2020-03-28-01-19-25-073.png

Mar 27, 2020
Turns out that high cpu usage and 50-60% gpu usage is normal in csgo. I saw other youtubers benchmark with the same gpu and cpu and their percentage was similar to mine. The only game that i cant run properly is COD Warzone

Apr 30, 2020
I went from a i7 4790k (with no issues) to an i7 9700k and my cpu spikes were sticking at 100% the majority of time in Warzone, but even campaign mode would spike. I made the changes in the video below and my cpu usage dropped 40-50%. I also noticed my cpu was now running closer to the base clock (3.6ghz) instead of turbo boost (4.7ghz) most the time.

https://youtu.be/I3Nujm8D8ys

May 5, 2020
My brother has the same problem with stuttering during Warzone as it shown in the youtube clips above. His RAM is 8gb. Now, here is the funny thing.

My CPU is i3 (7th gen) and he is i5 (9th gen)
RAM both 8gb
My GPU is Gtx 105 and my brother's is Gtx 1050 ti
mine can play with low setting smoothly, although initially lags but once loaded up it stores in memory i am all good. But he keeps stuttering. He have done everything internet suggest. Me I dont even do anything just play the game without tweaking anything. Magic huh?

My brother has the same problem with stuttering during Warzone as it shown in the youtube clips above. His RAM is 8gb. Now, here is the funny thing.

My CPU is i3 (7th gen) and he is i5 (9th gen)
RAM both 8gb
My GPU is Gtx 105 and my brother's is Gtx 1050 ti
mine can play with low setting smoothly, although initially lags but once loaded up it stores in memory i am all good. But he keeps stuttering. He have done everything internet suggest. Me I dont even do anything just play the game without tweaking anything. Magic huh?
Do you have the game installed on an SSD?

May 27, 2020
I have the exact same issue, my spec are:
I7 9700k
16gb ram
Gtx1080ti
500gb nvme
CPU and gpu usage drops to 0% causing the game to freeze for a second. This happens online and in campaign mode.