Call sign.

Bob

As I was connected and flying online I was checking the serv-info
information on my flight, getting a certain satisfaction seeing my call
sign "in flight"

Since we are thinking about call signs think this over. If we had a
similar call sign it would be easy to scroll down to your callsign on
serv-info and see another member also flying.

I know some of the flights have to have a certain standard callsign such
as "American 119 Heavy" (have to have that Heavy in there)
but for those flying a flight which there is no standard callsign we
could use something similar.

I remember Army pilots flying into Stuttgart hated it because Stuttgart
Tower expected anyone landing to know all the holding points and
altitudes inbound. I don't know how many times I was in hold over the
Mercedes compound circling and seeing a BO-105 500 ft below me in the
same holding circuit.

But, at any rate, Stuttgart tower would respond quicker and give
preference to any aircraft using our "Wing" call sign because they knew
we were stationed there and wouldn't be asking "Say Again" all the time.

But!!!! A thought! That may work against us. If we had a standard call
sign, the controllers might get to know us as "The Say Again Gang"

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

A most excellent idea, boB. How about "The Fighting Amish"? (Ok, I
stole that from a rival team at pub trivia. And in case anyone is
wondering, yes, we lost again. To the Sofa Kings. Again.)

___| reply |__________________________________________________________

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:57:05 -0500, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

> ___| reply |__________________________________________________________
>
> ...The controllers might get to know us as "The Say Again Gang"

> Say Again Gang = SAG

SAG-leader, this is SAG-4....get out of the way. You're blocking my view!

SAG-4, SAG-leader....kiss my nav-light!

It's got my vote! :)

--

Marcel
(That's no moon...it's a space station!)

On 20-Apr-2005, Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

> SAG-leader, this is SAG-4....get out of the way. You're blocking my view!
> SAG-4, SAG-leader....kiss my nav-light!
>
> It's got my vote! :)

And mine... :eek:)
This is what will make a newsgroup fly-in an event to remember... Count me
in for a spot...

SAG-99 to SAG-4... say again, plz... ***** .. kiss what...??

Regards
Mikael K

--
Vatsim-callsign: OY-MKO
Home Airport: EKBI

Sorry.. no direct reply-email.. ;o)

Bob

Mikael K wrote:

> On 20-Apr-2005, Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>SAG-leader, this is SAG-4....get out of the way. You're blocking my view!
>>SAG-4, SAG-leader....kiss my nav-light!
>>
>>It's got my vote! :)
>

> And mine... :eek:)
> This is what will make a newsgroup fly-in an event to remember... Count me
> in for a spot...
>
> SAG-99 to SAG-4... say again, plz... ***** .. kiss what...??
>
> Regards
> Mikael K

SAG 70 SAG 70 SAG 70 SAG 70

OK, as long as I don't speak too fast. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Instead of numbers how bout something on the lines of what ur saying???

In Fighter Ace the old combat flying game that was built into FS8, we had
fighter/bomber squads. One of the Squads was called "Rhino on your" and you
had to come up with something to finish off your sentence.

There was Rhino on your Six, Rhino on your wife and so on.
Get it???

Mark G
Not4wood