Gaurav

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Hi

It seems that the place I am trying to send fax to has a long response time - which means the call gets disconnected in about 8secs before anything can happen.
[Error on the console: No answer]

Is there a way to configure time-outs? I am using Windows XP Fax.

Thanks.

What you might be able to do is keep the modem occupied longer by adding
several commas to the end of the number you're dialing. Each comma adds a
couple second pause to the dialing sequence; adding several should keep the
timeout from starting long enough for the "slow" end to respond.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Gaurav" <Gaurav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> It seems that the place I am trying to send fax to has a long response
time - which means the call gets disconnected in about 8secs before anything
can happen.
> [Error on the console: No answer]
>
> Is there a way to configure time-outs? I am using Windows XP Fax.
>

> Thanks.

Gaurav

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Thanks Hal.
But that did not quite work out.

Probably the following would explain things better.
I want the faxes to go via my cellphone (a bluetooth connection). The connection is there... the phone's modem recognizes that the computer is using the service.

I suppose I should contact my service provider and see what I can do about the fax calls.

Thanks again.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" wrote:

> What you might be able to do is keep the modem occupied longer by adding
> several commas to the end of the number you're dialing. Each comma adds a
> couple second pause to the dialing sequence; adding several should keep the
> timeout from starting long enough for the "slow" end to respond.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Gaurav" <Gaurav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > It seems that the place I am trying to send fax to has a long response
> time - which means the call gets disconnected in about 8secs before anything
> can happen.
> > [Error on the console: No answer]
> >
> > Is there a way to configure time-outs? I am using Windows XP Fax.
> >

> > Thanks.

Daren

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Hi Hal,

I'm having the same problem as our friend here. Isn't there a way to set the
timeout on Windows XP Fax feature? We had this option under our Fax server
software.

Daren