Calling on expert advice

Sausage 7112

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hello,
I have just purchased a brand new PC but don't really know much about them other than I thought i7 is faster than i5 (and I probably have this wrong) but it was cheapish £400 ...can anyone tell me what its best suited for eg gaming, media, business or none of the above?
Spec used CPU-Z to get the details
Intel i7 860 (lynnfield 1156 LGA) 2.8GHZ
Mobo - Asrock H55M-GE
3x4gb XMS3 Corsair 1600 DDR3 - Dual channel (12gb in total)
GPU - ATI Radeon HD5450 (1GB RAM)
HD - 20xSony 500GB
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I think the Mobo & GPU are not the best but hope it will be a good family PC that can play the odd game and stream movies over a 2nd screen (split between normal HD PC monitor and 40" HD flat screen TV)...oh and one that will last me a few years before its obsolete and requires a a major upgrade,

dpflamer

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
It is a pretty decent system, its 17 alright, but the previous generation. But its till packs a lot of punch. GPU is a bit oldish but it can play a lot of games maybe not at the highest resolution. It will be able to play all kind of movies, blu-ray, 3D with out any hickups... overall a good system that should lasy you a good 2 to 3 more years unless you planning to play the latest games.

The Radeon should have a HDMI output which can be used to connect to you LCD TV, it will carry the sound over the HDMI too!!

Sausage 7112

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

Thanks...I feel releaved to know that someone who understands PC's far better than myself gives it a thumbs up. ...thanks for the tip about the HDMI socket...found out it does and have connected up..great picture.

TRENDING THREADS