Question Camcorder downloading

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi I have just bought a Sony camcorder CX240. I have no way of downloading to my PC (Motherboard M5A78L-M-USB3). It has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. This camcorder has a lead with a HDMI lead for a TV. My motherboard does not. I have a HDMI output on a graphics card but no way of connecting this to my PC.

I can get a Micro SD card reader to USB but that means taking out the card every time. No a good solution. Any help on this please.

Just looked it up on https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022655-REG/sony_hdrcx240_b_hdr_cx240_full_hd_handycam.html

Built-in USB 2.0 CableThe built-in high-speed USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer, without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it's out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
The built in USB cable is for charging. I have a USB extension lead that plugs into the mains / regulated USB output. Are you saying that the built in USB cable double up as a data lead as well as a power charging lead?

The manual is crap it has pages to tell you that you can transfer files via wi-fi.

Ok. Thanks. This is not mentioned in the manual only setting up wi-fi. Thanks again.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS