camera spinning randomly and uncontrollably during unreal engine based games

Zack_36

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
as the title says, i get a weird problem while im playing player unknowns battlegrounds, mostly. at random, the camera will spin extremely quickly. i thought i might have an internet problem, however, while playing the witcher 3, it does the same thing, but not quite as bad.

I had my PC set up at a friends house for months and i had no problems whatsoever. yet when i moved to a new house, im having this problem.

i have a ryzen 7 1800x, ASUS crosshair VI Mobo, EVGA geforce gtx 1080 (08G-P4-6183-KR). windows 10. corsair sabre RGB gaming mouse. das keyboard 4 - profsssional.

not sure what things to include here entirely, so let me know if you need anymore information about the build or anything.

Solution
Yeah games can be different. Like, with my razer mouse, razer synapse would sometimes have completely insane settings for gaming, that were super sensitive and would load automatically. Had to turn all that off, because my mouse would be crazy sensitive within games. Also some games have their own mouse sensitivity settings within them that you may have to adjust. But double check the surface/mousepad. Windows requirements in terms of mouse sensitivity and game requirements might be totally different. After all, on windows, you only have x/y axis and limited movements.

Sedivy

Estimable
Did you have all the same components there? Your keyboard, mouse? Mousepad? Check the peripherals are not in any way obstructed, pressed or stuck, especially keys on the keyboard. Check mouse on different surfaces, and see if it makes a difference.
What is the camera spin normally assigned to from within the games?

Zack_36

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017

the only difference is that i bought a blackweb gaming mouse pad from walmart, other than that everything is relatively new and was taken good care of during the move. I move the mouse to change directions in game. i didnt think about the mousepad, ill definitely try a new surface, but it only does it during games. the cursor behaves completely normal while not in the games.

Sedivy

Estimable
Yeah games can be different. Like, with my razer mouse, razer synapse would sometimes have completely insane settings for gaming, that were super sensitive and would load automatically. Had to turn all that off, because my mouse would be crazy sensitive within games. Also some games have their own mouse sensitivity settings within them that you may have to adjust. But double check the surface/mousepad. Windows requirements in terms of mouse sensitivity and game requirements might be totally different. After all, on windows, you only have x/y axis and limited movements.

Solution