Question Camera won't accept SD card

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I have a digital camera that works only on a SD cards. Its the Kodak Stylus 360. Just a few days ago I removed a full SD card and was trying to insert a larger size SD card. The first one was 16gb and the new one, 32gb. When I attempted to insert the 32 card, I met resistance about a 1/4 th of the way. After a few attempts with failures, I wanted to see if maybe there was a flaw with that new one, so I decided to try inserting the old one, which i just withdrew. That too had met resistance at the same space. I did not drop this camera, and it was working perfectly until I decided to insert the larger size one. Any ideas why the slot is resisting it? There is only one way to install SD card to my knowledge.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
turn the card around? or upside down?
I have a digital camera that works only on a SD cards. Its the Kodak Stylus 360. Just a few days ago I removed a full SD card and was trying to insert a larger size SD card. The first one was 16gb and the new one, 32gb. When I attempted to insert the 32 card, I met resistance about a 1/4 th of the way. After a few attempts with failures, I wanted to see if maybe there was a flaw with that new one, so I decided to try inserting the old one, which i just withdrew. That too had met resistance at the same space. I did not drop this camera, and it was working perfectly until I decided to insert the larger size one. Any ideas why the slot is resisting it? There is only one way to install SD card to my knowledge.

If it were that simple it would have been done by now...it does not work...SD cards could only be put in one way, in fact the cards I have even has an arrow going in one direction The contacts are bottom side of the card and that part has to be inserted face down.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
then look at the slot and see what is sticking out

looking inside is very difficult. I used a flash light and saw nothing that is preventing it from accepting the card. I went out and boughtTorx bits that weren't small enough to remove screws that may give me a chance to open that area up. As i insert the card it seem s to have some difficulty on the rght side where something is preventing it from going in. Does something just randomly inside moves itself? I could understand if I had dropped it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Its too embarrassing ...but i will mention it here to show that the weirdest things could happen to anyone, merely by habit. I have another camera that I use mostly and have inserted the card as directed, with the arrow on the card pointing the direction and the connectors right under it on the bottom side. So with the other camera i inserted the card the same way without luck, and then I thought maybe if I reverse the insertion, which i did and it went in smoothly...completely opposite of what i was doing with my main camera. Because of the other camera, my mindset was the way I inserted it and thought they all enter the same way. Now have your laughs...its on me. LOL

Reactions: USAFRet and rgd1101