[SOLVED] Camera zoomed in too much on my Lenovo Ideapad S145-15IWL

olat_dragneel

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2016
Hello!

I use an Ideapad S145-15IWL for my daily meetings. It's a company laptop, so I was not able to install Lenovo Vantage. After my IT department installed it for me, I was not able to change the way the camera is zoomed in.

In short, I need to move far away from the laptop for anyone to see me, but then I can't read properly or see other people if there are more than two people talking to me.

If I sit normally, all people can see is my eyes and my forehead.
I was trying to find an option to somehow unzoom the camera, but was not successful so far, which is why I'm posting here - in hopes someone could provide some kind of a solution.

I also have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440, which is my personal laptop, and the camera on that one is perfect! Not zoomed in and way more fluid. Somehow does not make sense that a way cheaper product has such a better camera.

Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated!

Let me know if I can provide any further information.

All the best,
Olat

Solution
Considering how you need the assistance of the IT folks from your office...you might want to parse the following to them.

Ask them to make sure the laptop's BIOS is up to date. Make sure that the laptop is running on Windows 10 20H2. Then ask your IT folks to reinstall the drivers for the camera, manually and in an elevated command.

Lutfij

Titan
Considering how you need the assistance of the IT folks from your office...you might want to parse the following to them.

Ask them to make sure the laptop's BIOS is up to date. Make sure that the laptop is running on Windows 10 20H2. Then ask your IT folks to reinstall the drivers for the camera, manually and in an elevated command.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS