Can’t Overclock Ryzen GPU

Jun 22, 2018
Ok so basically I have built my own pc- specs
-Ryzen 5 2400G
(Vega 11 graphics)
-Corsair LPX GDDR4-3200
-Msi b350 tomahawk

I’ve got the pc running as they updated bios for me and I used the pc for a day, I then decided I wil try to overclock a very small amount with the stock cooler(Wraith Spire)

So watched some videos and I was told to go to the bios settings and under cpu there would be a GPU clock frequency setting. However there isn’t... I’ve looked everywhere on the bios for it can’t find it. I also noticed I’m the part where you change the GPU ram it says inter grated graphics which I have in forced. I overclock the cpu to 3.75 and then went into the pc download ryzen master and tried it on there. Put gpu frequency to 1500hz when I’ve clicked apply the pc kept running and screen went black or just didn’t boot. I knew to take out the Motherbord battery and reboot. Ok so I tried lowering it a few times and still crashes....
I don’t understand why I don’t have a setting in my bios to allow me to change GPU frequency for the vega 11 graphics.
Thanks

Jun 22, 2018
Just checked my bios version and it is called “American Megatrends inc. 1H0 (Date)” I had Ebuyer update my bios for me as when it was delivered it was an old version that didn’t work with my Ryzen Chip. The motherboard (baseboard as it’s called on the pc) is “Micro star international (MSI)” with no model and no name. Very confused as I have a B350 MSI Tomahawk so surely it should say that right?

For crashing, likely you need to restore default, I usually don’t like software oc as sometime it’s hard to revert back to default. If you have issue restoring it back default I would suggest download the latest ryzen master and amd driver, and try again. If that still didn’t work, you might need to reinstall the OS.

As for bios options, try update your bios to the latest. And see if you can find the option you want or not. Again, some time it’s normal for mobo maker to remove certain feature to improve system stability.

Jun 22, 2018

Hi, after using ryzen master my pc didnt really crash it just didnt supply any power to the monitor or the keyboard but the fans and pc was still running however i just pulled out the motherboarrd battery and it reset the bios, tried again and ended up giving up after 3 attempts. Im not very confident with updating a bios so i dont think im going to try. I tired MSI afterburner but it will only let my clock frequency go up to 265mhz... im just very confused about why i do not have a section in the bios to change the GPU clock and ive searched the internet and no one seems to be having this issue.

TRENDING THREADS