Can´t Get Graphics Card To Work PLEASE HELP im Noob ("No Signal", "Check Signal Cable")

May 25, 2018
Here is information i gather when i used the Program: Piriform Speccy

Manufacturer Foxconn Model 2ABF (CPU 1) Version 1.20
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Sandy Bridge
Chipset Revision 09
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model H61
Southbridge Revision B3

BIOS
Brand AMI
Version 7.16
Date 2012-03-23

PCI Data
Slot PCI
Slot Type PCI
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x16
Slot Designation PCI Express x16 Slot
Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME
Slot Number 0
Slot PCI-E
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation Mini Card Slot
Slot Number 1
Slot PCI
Slot Type PCI
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCI Express x1 Slot #1
Slot Number 2
Slot PCI
Slot Type PCI
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCI Express x1 Slot #2
Slot Number 3
Slot PCI
Slot Type PCI
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCI Express x1 Slot #3
Slot Number 4

so i had a graphics card that i got from my friend the Graphic card is named
Gigabyte Windforce , this is the numbers on backside aswell GV-N560SO-1GI-950
the grapichs card does work (tested in my brothers PC) and worked like a charm in his PC tho it says the name is geforce 750 ti on his PC
so im not a hundred % sure what the name is since i got it from my friend With no box or information only has 2 DVD-i no vga and no hdmi

and i had an old power supply , we bought a new one so we could give the grapics card power i knnow for a fact that the new power supply is working with that grapihcs card it gives it power 4 LED lights gets green both fans working
But i get Black screen and monitor Showing "no Signal" sometimes and some other times it says "check Signal cabel"
Read some on the internet that i must update BIOS but i cant find anywhere to do that
i already entered BIOS to try switch from integrated to PCIE but there is no option to do that at all...
I have no idea what can be the issue and Also the pc i have my friend had it before and he used to have a grapichs card inside it and it worked so i assume the grapichs card slot isnt broken , becouse how did he get it to work

If there is anything else you need to know i can send pictures or something just let me know what you need to help me

Thanks in Pre-Hand!

P.S I am Really sorry for my bad english it isnt my best side, so i hope what i wrote is understaneble and readeble Hope to get Help soon from anyone at this Forum

Solution
Must be very tired. The problem I can see is that the GV-N560SO-1GI-950 is a Gigabyte gtx560ti that according to Gigabyte only requires 2x 6pin. It does not require 1x 6pin, and 1x 6+2 pin pcie. That, coupled with what you said earlier about you getting it from a friend who said it was a gtx750ti (that card has never needed 2x of any, most models have no additional power needs) leads me to think it was a cheapo Chinese knockoff and either you or your buddie got ripped off. The card is a fake. Whether it works or not is now moot.

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
First verify you have plugged your monitor into the graphics card and not into the mother board.

That card requires two six pin power connectors: do you have both of them connected? It also requires at least a 550 watt PSU.

Larry

May 25, 2018
i have 550 power supply and i use 2 x 6 +2 pin on the card it is 8 holes + 6 holes and my power supply is 6x2 +2 pinned
so i use 2 6 pinns and 1 2 pin between them to make it 8 , maby thats not correct ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
GV-N560SO-1GI-950 is a gtx560ti. Most reference based models only required 2x6pin but there's an assumption since loads can exceed 320w that 1x6pin and 1x8pin (6+2pin) can be used on some extra OC models.

So from the psu there should be at least 1x6pin pcie and 1x6+2pin pcie (might say vga) cables. These would both need to be used.

May 25, 2018
Okey so i am useing both the 1x6 and the 6+2 one and there is still the same error, what more can i try ? i know i pluged it in correctly, i just dont understand wher eto problem comming from :/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Must be very tired. The problem I can see is that the GV-N560SO-1GI-950 is a Gigabyte gtx560ti that according to Gigabyte only requires 2x 6pin. It does not require 1x 6pin, and 1x 6+2 pin pcie. That, coupled with what you said earlier about you getting it from a friend who said it was a gtx750ti (that card has never needed 2x of any, most models have no additional power needs) leads me to think it was a cheapo Chinese knockoff and either you or your buddie got ripped off. The card is a fake. Whether it works or not is now moot.

Solution