[SOLVED] Can’t Boot From Windows Installed SSD

yeah412

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was at the gym and when I came back I started my Windows 10 PC but the little dots under W10 logo froze then I restarted and got several error messages saying: kernel is damaged, system file is corrupted etc. showed up different erros while pressing enter. I had one SSD that has W10 in it and two HDDs for storage. I thought the problem was a little system partition that I wasn’t able to delete even with diskpart in one of the HDDs so I disconnected all the HDDs. Now it says “Reboot and select proper boot device”. I made a W10 media creation tool to repair OS in the SSD but it can’t see the OS in the SSD. By the way, I can see SSD showing up in BIOS and I can install W10 to the SSD with the tool but I can see a little storage left in it which means my data is still there. How can I fix this?

PS: Ever since I upgraded to SSD for boot, %80 chance I got “Reboot and select proper boot device” error even though I had correct boot order. I was avoiding this by opening boot options in the startup and manually selecting SSD.

Solution
Right now, somehow it booted to windows and I'm writing this on my pc wth
try this step by step if youu could go to windows:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and...
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was at the gym and when I came back I started my Windows 10 PC but the little dots under W10 logo froze then I restarted and got several error messages saying: kernel is damaged, system file is corrupted etc. showed up different erros while pressing enter. I had one SSD that has W10 in it and two HDDs for storage. I thought the problem was a little system partition that I wasn’t able to delete even with diskpart in one of the HDDs so I disconnected all the HDDs. Now it says “Reboot and select proper boot device”. I made a W10 media creation tool to repair OS in the SSD but it can’t see the OS in the SSD. By the way, I can see SSD showing up in BIOS and I can install W10 to the SSD with the tool but I can see a little storage left in it which means my data is still there. How can I fix this?

PS: Ever since I upgraded to SSD for boot, %80 chance I got “Reboot and select proper boot device” error even though I had correct boot order. I was avoiding this by opening boot options in the startup and manually selecting SSD.
What are the system?

yeah412

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
the details, not just cpu gpu ram and mobo, the ssd, psu, etc. too.
I mean psu is corsair vs450, ssd is toshiba tr200 240 gb, cooler master hyper 212 spectrum cpu cooler, one of the HDD is wd blue 1TB other is seagate barracuda 500 gb but these are not connected atm, gpu is evga 980 classified, rams are corsair vengeance 1600mhz dual channel and case is zalman z11 plus.

Right now, somehow it booted to windows and I'm writing this on my pc wth
try this step by step if youu could go to windows:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution