[SOLVED] Can’t boot past BIOS

Jul 23, 2019
I recently upgraded my rig with a new Mobo, cpu, ram and psu. I am able to boot up to bios and can stay there but as soon as I exit to load windows and do a fresh install the cpu light on my Mobo flashes then it shuts down. I have taken it all apart and put it back together a few times now checking the connections and what not, I also took the cooler off my cpu to see if I messed up the thermal paste but it all appears to be good. The Mobo lights sometimes change between ram and vga but will go out after a few seconds and it’s always the cpu light that flashes before it shuts off. Any idea what’s causing this?

Specs
Gigabyte Z390 aorus elite
I7-9700K
Asus rog strix GeForce gtx 1080 8gb
Corsair vengeance lpx 2x16gb 3200MHz
EVGA supernova 850W G3 gold psu
Unsure of cpu cooler brand, it’s all just black

Solution
Since you can get into the bios, try booting from a usb stick with memtest86.
It will exercise your ram and basic functionality.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

Reset the bios to default. Usually, that gets you going.
If not, look at the bios settings.
In particular at the drive settings.

Check to see if there is a more current bios update that might address your problem.
Jul 23, 2019
I have tried without the graphics card and I got stuck on a boot loop before it would get to the splash screen. I haven’t tried using 1 stick of RAM before but I have tried them in different slots and I can see both of them showing up in BIOS every time, not sure if that means they could still be the problem but I will try using 1 stick when I get off work.

Since you can get into the bios, try booting from a usb stick with memtest86.
It will exercise your ram and basic functionality.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

Reset the bios to default. Usually, that gets you going.
If not, look at the bios settings.
In particular at the drive settings.

Check to see if there is a more current bios update that might address your problem.

Reactions: Aostrix
Solution
Jul 24, 2019
Well looking at the problem there could be a lot of problems hardware or bios software wise.

Hardware:
RAM could have an factory fault, but this normally do not stop you so early...it will corrupt your system quickly after installation.
Mobo could also be a factory fault since its brand new but generally it could be just a setting that could be wrong with the software side of it. Resetting it to default or factory settings might work.
PSU, what i think this could be is PSU related. I am currently busy with the same issue on a rig and it seems by using another PSU it actually doesnt give issues....yet. Atleast i get to install Windows but at random times it shutsdown...and now...dont even get to the point of bootup. With the test PSU it worked perfectly but Windows got corrupted and Mem tests passed on RAM so it all comes down to a faulty PSU causing the issue.

Software:
If all hardware is fine it could be bios that is faulty and I would recommend flashing it but since the products is new it will be best just claiming the warranty on it.

Best of luck.