Januxii

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Mobo: MSI z370 gaming plus
M.2: Kingston A2000

Just bought an M.2 SSD and I can’t get it to boot Windows 10 after going through just about every thread that i found from googling.
I have updated to latest bios version, and have set «Windows 10 WHQL Support» to «UEFI» instead of «CSM», which automatically sets Boot Mode to UEFI.

I read that It’s normal for the drive to not show up before installing Windows because the nvme drivers that allow the m.2 to be detected as UEFI are installed by Windows (or something along those lines), but It’s not working even after the Windows install.

I used a thumbdrive to create a Windows installation medium and the install works just fine, and i can even see that there are Windows-files on my m.2, but it won’t be detected as UEFI and hence i don’t get the option to boot from it. (Booting as legacy doesn’t work either.)

I’ve worked on this now for a solid 3 hours in the middle of the night and I’m out of ideas, thoughts?

I have also unplugged all my other drives, If that makes a difference

Solution
Okay so I went to sleep and woke up the next day and managed to get it to work after playing around with some settings.
I set secure boot to Enabled from Disabled, and removed all keys, and it worked.

Januxii

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Okay so I went to sleep and woke up the next day and managed to get it to work after playing around with some settings.
I set secure boot to Enabled from Disabled, and removed all keys, and it worked.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS