Question Can’t connect to WiFi ?

Apr 22, 2024
My PC has been traveling connecting to the Wi-Fi ever since I changed my Wi-Fi password but still it will disconnect, or I cannot connect to the Internet. PC has onboard WiFi chip but nothing works. Should I buy a USB WiFi adapter?

Try making sure all of the Wi-Fi networks the computer have saved are deleted. You can do this by (steps taken from https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3507-delete-wireless-network-profile-windows-10-a.html):
  1. Open a command prompt.
  2. Copy and paste the "netsh wlan show profiles" command into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below) This command will give you a list of all wireless network profiles on each interface on your PC.Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10-delete_wi-fi_network_command-1.jpg
  3. Do step 4 (on all interfaces) or step 5 (on specific interface) below for how you would like to delete the profile.
  4. To Delete a Wireless Network Profile from All Interfaces on PC
  • A) Type the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

netsh wlan delete profile name="WirelessProfileName"

For example, if I wanted to delete my listed Brink-Router2 2 (name) wireless network profile, I would type the command below exactly.

netsh wlan delete profile name="Brink-Router2 2"
Then try reconnecting to the WiFi network. If possible, try connecting to another one. If neither of these work, then look into getting a USB WiFi adapter.

Apr 22, 2024
My Xbox connection to it and my mom Xbox does to what happened but if does have Wi-Fi it will get disconnected then come back for some reason should I get a usb Wi-Fi connection to get get better connection because I think my onboard Wi-Fi is going bad

My Xbox connection to it and my mom Xbox does to what happened but if does have Wi-Fi it will get disconnected then come back for some reason should I get a usb Wi-Fi connection to get get better connection because I think my onboard Wi-Fi is going bad
If you want to go that route then sure.

But if the on-board WiFi can still connect to other things and the only thing you changed was the router's WiFi password (or it could've been other things), then to me the WiFi router needs to be in a state that we know for sure should be working before the on-board WiFi can be written off.

Apr 22, 2024
my motherboard is a asrock b50m with a build Wi-Fi chips if I want me to restart my Wi-Fi I will but I add my switch to the Wi-Fi with no problem

Apr 22, 2024
Please help me it only works with my hotspot not even my Wi-Fi do I need to move it closer but everything works fine it located at.

I am getting a very weak signal from my onboard Wi-Fi chips because I tested the Wi-Fi speed on my iPad and it says it 34.7 downloads speeds so do I need a Wi-Fi thing to get a stronger signal? Or to update it

Signal levels are generally antenna related. All depends on the computer and where the antenna are located. Is this a laptop or desktop. Is the wifi card replaceable or is it part of the motherboard.

Check that any antenna are tightly connected. If there are wires running between the antenna and the wifi chip make sure they are not loose. These connectors are very very tiny.

I generally have always had a USB wifi stick laying around to test wifi issues. They are fairly inexpensive.

Try to avoid those very tiny units that almost hide in the USB slot. The larger physical size tends to work better but again it depends on if pc you are talking about is a portable device or a desktop. Sometime small size and low power usage is important.

Apr 22, 2024
Should I buy a Wi-Fi extender for the yellow cable because my iPad works great were my pc at but my pc but I only get one bar but my iPad get 4 with downloading speed 32.4

And I am only getting 1mpbs sec on my pc but nothing else

What yellow cable. If you have a ethernet cable you are best off using that for a desktop machine.

There is no magic box that will fix wifi issues. Extenders/repeaters just receive the wifi signal and retransmit it. If you place them in the same room as your pc they will also get the same very poor signal levels and transmit the data actually interfering with the main router to some extent.

A repeater needs to be placed where it can get good strong signal from the main router and still transmit a signal to the remote room. If it was a big open field it would be 1/2 way between. In a house hard to say it is trial and error. I would avoid repeaters if you have any other options. Things like powerline networks and MoCA if you have coax cables are much better.

Apr 22, 2024
@bill001g my iPad does OK at the spot where my computer is at but my computer gets low bars and 0 kB but my my iPad gets 32 at the spot at my computer at so I don’t know what’s going on.

And it a asrock b550m motherboard desktop

Last edited:
I would check that the antenna are properly connected on the back of the machine. All it takes is for the antenna to be slightly lose for it to not work.
Make sure the antenna are not being blocked maybe turning the case will make a difference.

If other devices work fine in the room then I would more suspect the wifi is defective. You are better off spending any money getting a replacement wifi.
Best are the internal pcie cards that have long antenna cables that let you mount the antenna away from the back of the machine. USB devices will work but best to buy one that is designed for desktops. These tend to have USB cables included and have a stand to mount the device on. Those very tiny USB devices you see tend to be for laptop or tables and have small antenna and low power transmitters to save battery.

Looks like a ok wifi adapter. Not sure about the brand but that is older wifi technology so pretty much all the bugs have been figured out in the chipset and the drivers have not changed so support is not a big issue.