Just got a Sapphire rx580 nitro 8gb
but having difficulty installing it.

Specs:

CPU- i7 3770k
Mother board -gigabyte GA-Z77N wifi mini ITX
16gb ram
Samsung ssd 500gb x2
Seasonic 660w power

Hard drives just been formatted - installed windows 10 and updated it.

Following the install instructions that came with it I plugged in the card, made sure everything is connected that needs to be. I start the computer and the graphics card lights up and the fans spin.
Windows loads and I’m running off the internal graphics until I install the drivers for the new card - download amd card drivers and install but when it gets to the part where it says looking for graphics card after about 5 seconds in it stops, gives me an error, no amd hardware detected.

I go to device manager but the card isn’t there only the internal graphics - so I restart, disable the internal graphics from device manager and try install drivers but get the same result.

I connect the monitor to the card but just get black screen- I also tried disabling the internal graphics from the bios but then nothing worked so I had to pull the battery out to reset it.

Pulled out the card and rechecked all connections, plugged it back in, tried everything again with same results.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

lewisk_2

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Thanks Mark I put the card back in and initially my monitor was black as if internal graphics was still disabled so pulled it out and it started up fine- then, went on to change the PCIe as first GPU in the bios as you said then turned off - installed card- restarted and windows detected the card. I was then able to installed AMD drivers.

Thanks for the help!