Question Can’t figure out what this symbol means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think that just because the PSU are disconnected from mains, it means it's safe - because it i not safe !

Also, in my opinion - if you don't know the basic of multimeters and use that to figure out what is connected to each other, then how can you determine the safety of what you're doing?

Also - don't think that a electric shock through your hand isn't capable to cause long term nerve issues - because it can. It is a good reason why the manufacturers place stickers labeled "danger don't open" on their power supplies.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

SY3

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2015
Don't think that just because the PSU are disconnected from mains, it means it's safe - because it i not safe !

Also, in my opinion - if you don't know the basic of multimeters and use that to figure out what is connected to each other, then how can you determine the safety of what you're doing?

Also - don't think that a electric shock through your hand isn't capable to cause long term nerve issues - because it can. It is a good reason why the manufacturers place stickers labeled "danger don't open" on their power supplies.
I am not going to buy a multimeter just for that. It would be preferable to connect the fan to the PSU, but since it became so complicated I just connected it to my motherboard. + the fan connector fits only one way, overwise it hits the wall.
My PC doesn't consume more than 350W at max load so I should be fine.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I am not going to buy a multimeter just for that. It would be preferable to connect the fan to the PSU, but since it became so complicated I just connected it to my motherboard. + the fan connector fits only one way, overwise it hits the wall.
My PC doesn't consume more than 350W at max load so I should be fine.

The fact that you don't see a need for a multimeter while working on a component that uses electricity and that you have ignored all the warnings because "350W max load," which makes no sense in this context, indicates that you do not remotely have the base of knowledge to tinker with a PSU safely. We do not keep threads that can be a danger to the safety of others open.

My advice to you is to recycle this PSU and replace it before you possibly destroy your components, burn down your house, or kill yourself.

And @Vic 40 , I deleted your post as well. Now, you did nothing wrong at all (so please don't take this as some kind of demerit), and your willingness to assist someone is greatly appreciated, but given the dangers the OP is completely dismissing as irrelevant, it's safer to not give them any advice that may have the effect of making them more confident in tinkering with their PSU.

Reactions: Lutfij
Status
Not open for further replies.