[SOLVED] Can’t insert RAM in extra slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2020
Hello, I’m trying to add 8gb of RAM to my HP 15-da0132nl laptop.
I bought a compatible RAM online but once I opened the pc I realized I could not install it.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/mT5d2zj
The issue lies in those little “hooks” next to the pins, which make it impossible to insert the RAM since they cannot be moved.
Those hooks are not present where the original RAM is placed, and I also tried inserting the new RAM in the other slot and it works.
Am I doing something wrong or is there no way I can use that extra slot?

Solution
You DON'T bend those hooks. They are there for a reason. If you look at the existing RAM you will see that there are two small holes into which those hooks fit. If your stick of RAM does not have those holes then it is most definitely NOT the correct RAM for that machine.
This is unusual.
You may need to get some needle nose pliers and straighten those hooks.

This is, how it should look. There are no "hooks".

DDR_SO-DIMM_slot_PNr%C2%B00341.jpg

Last edited:
You DON'T bend those hooks. They are there for a reason. If you look at the existing RAM you will see that there are two small holes into which those hooks fit. If your stick of RAM does not have those holes then it is most definitely NOT the correct RAM for that machine.

Solution
Jun 11, 2020
Problem is the original RAM doesn’t seem to fit those hooks either

Status
Not open for further replies.