Question Can’t Install because of faulty hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2021
Hi, yesterday I bought a new graphics card and found out this morning it messed up my SSD and no longer works (which is another problem), but when I double click to install I get an invalid drive message, obviously I can’t uninstall it from that drive because I no longer have access to it so how can I install to a different location now? Please and thank you for your time.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, yesterday I bought a new graphics card and found out this morning it messed up my SSD and no longer works (which is another problem), but when I double click to install I get an invalid drive message, obviously I can’t uninstall it from that drive because I no longer have access to it so how can I install to a different location now? Please and thank you for your time.
Give us a FULL list of all the parts involved.

But if you have a dead/dying drive, remove it.

Drivers almost invariably get installed to the OS drive. Folly to try to install them elsewhere.

Reactions: Risputin
Oct 2, 2021

Drivers almost invariably get installed to the OS drive. Folly to try to install them elsewhere.

The only two parts involved is I want to install on C: drive but my M.2 SSD doesn’t work now (which is drive E:). I’m going to remove it right now and post back to let you know if that worked. Thank you!

Oct 2, 2021

Removed the SSD but now it only goes to the BIOS menu and when I close it, it just opens back up, I can’t leave it

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
it sounds like your boot drive is the m.2 ssd,
thy changing the sata cable for your normal drive (not the m.2 drive) to a different port. as some ports get disabled when using m.2 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.