[SOLVED] Can’t ping nvr

Sep 24, 2019
This is my first post here and hopefully I’m posting in the correct place.
I would like to know if I need to do port forwarding on a router in order to ping the nvr I have installed. When I connect laptop into same router nvr is connected to I can’t ping the nvr. Do I need to open ports to ping the nvr? If not, I made sure my cables are good and still not able to ping. Any ideas?

Solution
I am on the same LAN. I do not have the IP address at this time. The system was working fine then the customer lost ability to see cameras on there phone. I have a software on my laptop that will show IP address of the camera equipment. I was able to pull up IP address of cameras and well as ip of nvr. Last night I was not able to. I did a reset of nvr, replaced network cable, switched ports. And still nothing. The lights on the nvr and router show activity when network cable is connected. Just wondering if the nvr is bad. Thanks for your answer. I’ll give you the ip addresses later today. Thanks again!
The NVR might be bad. Does it have the capability to attach a monitor and keyboard to the NVR to access it locally? The NVR...
Sep 24, 2019
I am on the same LAN. I do not have the IP address at this time. The system was working fine then the customer lost ability to see cameras on there phone. I have a software on my laptop that will show IP address of the camera equipment. I was able to pull up IP address of cameras and well as ip of nvr. Last night I was not able to. I did a reset of nvr, replaced network cable, switched ports. And still nothing. The lights on the nvr and router show activity when network cable is connected. Just wondering if the nvr is bad. Thanks for your answer. I’ll give you the ip addresses later today. Thanks again!

kanewolf

Titan
The NVR might be bad. Does it have the capability to attach a monitor and keyboard to the NVR to access it locally? The NVR should have a static IP address. It is possible that a reset of the router or something might have changed the DHCP server so there could be duplicate addresses.

Solution
Sep 24, 2019
Found out today that the Dvr is bad. Found out from customer there was a power outage the day it stopped working , so I’m guessing a power surge is to blame. Luckily the Dvr is still under warranty. Thank for the replies!