[SOLVED] Can’t set m.2 as boot

hippoman52

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
Got a new motherboard MSI Gaming Edge X570. Already had windows on my Samsung 970 evo plus before. Transferred it to my new motherboard and can’t set it as my boot drive. It’s recognized as a storage device on the board but no way to set it as boot. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Solution
So next question. How do I wipe that drive to do a fresh install of windows without being able to get into windows. If I use a usb with windows installer is there going to be an option to format the m.2 then reinstall on it!

Thanks for the help
Yes, after you boot to USB in question about disk, go to Custom and you will have option to delete all partitions so you can start anew. Windows will make all necessary partitions.

hippoman52

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
Yes, it should "pop up" as Windows on UEFi Samsung... etc.
Yes, it should "pop up" as Windows on UEFi Samsung... etc.
So next question. How do I wipe that drive to do a fresh install of windows without being able to get into windows. If I use a usb with windows installer is there going to be an option to format the m.2 then reinstall on it!

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help
Yes, after you boot to USB in question about disk, go to Custom and you will have option to delete all partitions so you can start anew. Windows will make all necessary partitions.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks for the help
All outlined in here:

Reactions: CountMike