Question Can’t use start up repair

Oct 2, 2020
Whenever I try to boot my computer it says I need to go in to start up repair. Once it takes me to start up repair on the choose your keyboard layout screen it shut off power to the keyboard and mouse. Pls help

Colif

Win 11 Master
Whenever I try to boot my computer it says I need to go in to start up repair. Once it takes me to start up repair on the choose your keyboard layout screen it shut off power to the keyboard and mouse. Pls help

I don't know why its showing the choose language screen at startup, that is first screen you see running USB but I wouldn't expect it on start up.

Do you have a win 10 installer USB?
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

try booting from the USB as it should use the drivers on the USB and not turn mouse/kb off. USB going off seems common these days.

we can try start up repair off the USB
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

is there anything on PC you need to rescue?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or another hdd

questions for rgd would help too. How long has this happened for?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So hdd was a replacement? Did you replace a drive?

What are some details of the PC? Custom made or Brand name?
If brand name, what make/model?
If custom, what parts?

can you right click start
choose disk management
expand the next window so you can see all the columns
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website and show link here?

I am curious if there is a USB or something loaded as you shouldn't be getting that language screen on a restart. That is more for installations. PC on restart should know your language already.