Can 2 computers remote into one?

lolomom

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
Can 2 computers remote into the same computer? What I mean is I remote into my work computer from home, but I am needing to get some additional help with work and I want to see if I hire someone if they will be able to remote into my work computer from their laptop as well?

Solution
It depends what software you're using for "remoting". If you are using standard Windows Remote desktop, only one person at a time can take over (and ony if you have expensive Windows version on your home desktop), and it logs off currently logged local user.

Soe other remote control applications (TeamViewer is good example) allow for more than one remote connection, in true sense of "remote help". Just be careful with configuring, and make sure you set up strong password.
It depends what software you're using for "remoting". If you are using standard Windows Remote desktop, only one person at a time can take over (and ony if you have expensive Windows version on your home desktop), and it logs off currently logged local user.

Soe other remote control applications (TeamViewer is good example) allow for more than one remote connection, in true sense of "remote help". Just be careful with configuring, and make sure you set up strong password.

Solution

lolomom

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
Thank you for the info. I do currently use Mac Remote desktop on my laptop at home when I log into my PC at work. I have used other software in the past (gotomypc & logmein) but they seem to be much slower.

Thank you!!