Can 2 hard drive's die at the same time?

Meldrath

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I have a SSD and a mechanical both nearing the 4 year mark and after some trouble getting my keyboard to load its drivers and be usable (which stopped being usable for no known reason!) Mouse still worked the whole time. I began trouble shooting the keyboard issue and restarting several times.. after about the 4th restart the computer blue screened on start up and failed to load windows I then preceded to shit myself and trouble shoot that issue. So far I have cleaned/reconnected the hard drives reset cmos reset bios to fail safe defaults (pulled the batterie out of the motherboard). But Under My Bio's for my motherboard there are definitely no harddrives /boot able devices showing up aside from the cd-rom. My computer spec's are as follows.
Windows 7 professional
GTX570x2
1000 Watt power supply Gold cert (can't remember brand atm)
asarock Extreme 4 Gen 3 motherboard
8 Gigs generic 1333 dual channel ram
120 SSD Coirsair force series
1T (can't remember brand)
If any more information is required Please let me know and I will update with it as soon as possible.

Solution
It would not be impossible but very unlikely. If possible you should try to test them on another computer to see if they work. This could also be a motherboard issue, or maybe even power supply.