Question Can 230-260 Watts power supply run gtx 750ti

Mar 7, 2021
Hello, I have a Dell optilex 990.
I5 2400
4gb ram
2 Hdd's (160gb and 500gb)
and a Asus 750ti single fan.
can my 260 watt powersupply run this pc with 750ti ? its a branded dell powersupply so quality shouldn't be a problem

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello, I have a Dell optilex 990.
I5 2400
4gb ram
2 Hdd's (160gb and 500gb)
and a Asus 750ti single fan.
can my 260 watt powersupply run this pc with 750ti ? its a branded dell powersupply so quality shouldn't be a problem

That cannot be assumed. Dell typically puts quality OEM PSUs in their server-grade stuff and frequently in their lesser models, but not always. An image of the chart on the side of your PSU should suffice.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I actually ran my 750Ti on a 240W PSU in a Dell PC back in the day. That was on a Q6600 which has a higher TDP than your i5.

260W should be adequate.

There's a great deal of variability among Dell OEM PCs. We're not asking for the details for frivolous reasons. The recommendation for a Delta-made 260W PSU for Dell that can actually delivery 260W on the +12V rail is a very different beast than a decade-old 260W that only has 12A on the +12V rail. Especially if this is an overclocked 750 Ti that requires a supplementary power connector, something that ASUS did sell. While it's likely OK, you cannot assert this is a fact without knowing all the underlying facts.

Reactions: FuryFoxx214

Joseph_138

Distinguished
The first problem with this equation is... why do you have a Dell? Lol

but besides that you should need 250W PSU. So you should be fine.

Because, when leases expire, a lot of these machines get dumped on the secondary market for cheap prices. A 3rd-7th gen Core-i7 is still OK for gaming if you bring the RAM to 16gb and can find a video card that doesn't overload the power supply.