[SOLVED] Can a 3080 handle 3440x1440@144FPS?

Exeonx

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
So I've been thinking a lot about future upgrades, and one thing that's been on my mind is making the jump from 1080p directly to ultrawide.

Which begs the question, can any current GPU make it work, is the current 2080ti enough for 3440x1440p@144fps?

If it is I feel like the 3080 will handle it for years to come, if not I'll probably not consider ultrawide and go with a standard 27"2K@144hz or higher setup

Solution
Nobody knows what the 3080 can handle, or not handle, because nobody has one yet and there are no reviews of any either. It's a PAPER launch. When there are reviews, I'm pretty sure they will TELL you what the cards can and cannot handle.

Yes, a 2080ti could probably handle that resolution at 144fps IF you were willing to drop some of the eye candy AND if you had a capable enough CPU, but buying one right now would be an incredibly foolish thing to do when there are much more capable cards about to be released.
Nobody knows what the 3080 can handle, or not handle, because nobody has one yet and there are no reviews of any either. It's a PAPER launch. When there are reviews, I'm pretty sure they will TELL you what the cards can and cannot handle.

Yes, a 2080ti could probably handle that resolution at 144fps IF you were willing to drop some of the eye candy AND if you had a capable enough CPU, but buying one right now would be an incredibly foolish thing to do when there are much more capable cards about to be released.

Solution
So I've been thinking a lot about future upgrades, and one thing that's been on my mind is making the jump from 1080p directly to ultrawide.

Which begs the question, can any current GPU make it work, is the current 2080ti enough for 3440x1440p@144fps?

If it is I feel like the 3080 will handle it for years to come, if not I'll probably not consider ultrawide and go with a standard 27"2K@144hz or higher setup

That all depends on the game and settings. Too many variables there.

For example Crysis Remastered (Can it run crysis settings) or Flight Sim 2020 will bring ANY system to it's knees at 1080p