Can a 6870 run on my pc.

G

Hello,can a 6870 run on a p6215uk? If it cannot please say what is the best that can,thank you.

G

Damn I only have 300w.What is the best card I can run then?

G

Hello do you know any company in europe who can put computer parts(mainly psu and graphics cards) in for me.Is that compatible with my motherboard.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Any PSU should work in your Motherboard, and most graphics cards will work unless you dont have PCIE, and i dont live in europe so i don't know, i know here (canada/USA) that i think its bestbuy has a place where they will do it for you, but do you have any computer shops around you?

G

I do have a pcie slot on my computer but I don't know how many.p.s I am the question asker but I never got an email so I had to make a new account oh and pc world and harvey norman are about an hours drive away from me.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
if you want a new video card you just have to have a PCIE x16 or a little slower like x8, you only need 1 of those to have a graphics card but most new cards take up 2 slots (meaning that the fan takes up another spot)

G

I have a PCI Express x16 slot but I am not 100% sure how many.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
10 inchs = 25.4 cm (used conveter) Yes, that PSU should fit unless your case was a slimline which from the picture it didnt look like, but that is a really good one, and you won't need a new one for a while if you buy that one.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Yes, Like i said, any PSU should work in your case, unless it was a slimline case which from the picture it doesn't look like so your good and that PSU Would do you good for the next couple years, just when your installing it try to remeber where everything goes and if you dont think you can, just unscrew the orginal PSU and take each connector out 1 by one and each time put the other PSU's connectors in so their should be no problems

P.S Remeber to ground yourself so you dont fry the motherboard

G

Becouse you spoke you need to be covered for years, the watts of a psu isn't the really the issue if you look more careful the psu in the link you gave has silver 80 search something with bronze 80 because gold is more expensive energy efficiency 90% and above

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Oh, im not the greatest person with PSU's but thanks for the info, and i know the watts isnt the most important you have to watch for the 12amp vrail or whatever its called, but yes that PSU and that 6870 will do just fine and you will be good for awhile, just wondering whats your other specs?