[SOLVED] Can a android mobile app take a picture everyday at specific time

dante1092

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hi all.. I'm not sure if this question can be asked here. Been observing this bit strange thing on my brother android phone. It's a redmi note 5 pro

Today morning he noticed gallery contained 2 or 3 photos which were completely black as if the picture was taken by closing the lens (no image just a black picture)

Any ideas on what app might cause the camera to take a picture on its own

I believe this image might have been accidentally captured on launching the camera app as the device was close to him or in his pocket.

My brother insists this is not the case, concerned if there is any chance the device is hacked by someone.

As far I used his device for sometime today, device was functioning normal, no freeze or overheating. Sms and Calling worked normal. None of those black photos in galleryafter those 3 photos taken in morning.

I did perform a factory reset today wiped internal and all apps to be sure if this is not some background app behaviour.

Please share your thoughts on this, thank you

Solution
Phone app is open and you don't notice and take a picture, you hit the buttons to take a picture by accident. A phone being randomly hacked to take random pictures only when it's in dark places is about as implausible as you can get vs someone just doing a goof and taking one accidentally. It would be like your french fries tasting odd and thinking there is a conspiracy to offload contaminated salt from China to your favorite restaurant to poison you.
Phone app is open and you don't notice and take a picture, you hit the buttons to take a picture by accident. A phone being randomly hacked to take random pictures only when it's in dark places is about as implausible as you can get vs someone just doing a goof and taking one accidentally. It would be like your french fries tasting odd and thinking there is a conspiracy to offload contaminated salt from China to your favorite restaurant to poison you.

Solution