Question Can a B550 Tomahawk cause BSOD

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

It's been 2 months since i've bought MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK and a Ryzen 7 3700x. First i had both send for RMA after having allot of BSOD. They found that the CPU was faulty and sent me a new one. I had no problem untill there was an windows update. It did it automatically and after the update, my pc had a Memory Management BSOD.
I've been using my RAM for 4 years and had no problem. I also did a Windows Memory Diagnostic.

My real question is... I'm not sure how to tell this but, can actually a new chipset (b550) cause for a BSOD? Even if the motherboard is not faulty?

PC:
  • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6gb
  • Crucial mx300 525gb
  • WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm
  • Corsair rm650x
  • 3000mhz c15 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance

have you performed a CLEAN/NEW install of win 10 at any time since owning the new hardware? or is this an older drive with an OS from a previous system. even though you're getting replacements of the same product I personally feel a new win10 install should be performed after a new board and CPU.

either way what you need to troubleshoot by isolating the issue which isn't as easy as it sounds sometimes. i will usually start with a fresh win 10 install and then load factory defaults in bios.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
have you performed a CLEAN/NEW install of win 10 at any time since owning the new hardware? or is this an older drive with an OS from a previous system. even though you're getting replacements of the same product I personally feel a new win10 install should be performed after a new board and CPU.

either way what you need to troubleshoot by isolating the issue which isn't as easy as it sounds sometimes. i will usually start with a fresh win 10 install and then load factory defaults in bios.

Yes i did a clean/new install of windows 10 to my pc after installing the new hardwares.
After tha RMA the motherboard is still the same, it's just the CPU that has changed and i don't think it needs another new windows install and i'm already on factory defaults in my bios.
So can a new chipset motherboard cause a BSOD or not?