[SOLVED] Can a bad CPU still be read in the Bios?

Snowburden

Honorable
May 9, 2014
So last night I turned off my computer and had to turn it back on. Well when I did I got the red CPU light on my motherboard. Essentially I’ve replaced almost my entire PC over the past two months except the CPU. I get a 4d error on my ASUS STRIX x570-E which is a new board. I’ve been using the new parts for the past four days until this happened.

Anyway, I think it might be my CPU. But I was wondering if even a bad CPU can still be read in the bios? Because when I reset the bios I can see the CPU in the bios. And when I save settings it doesn’t POST at all just the 4d and red CPU light.

Here is my setup:
ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
ASUS GTX 2080 Super
Corsair Vengence Pro 32Gb
Corsair 850 Platinum PSU

Solution
So last night I turned off my computer and had to turn it back on. Well when I did I got the red CPU light on my motherboard. Essentially I’ve replaced almost my entire PC over the past two months except the CPU. I get a 4d error on my ASUS STRIX x570-E which is a new board. I’ve been using the new parts for the past four days until this happened.

Anyway, I think it might be my CPU. But I was wondering if even a bad CPU can still be read in the bios? Because when I reset the bios I can see the CPU in the bios. And when I save settings it doesn’t POST at all just the 4d and red CPU light.

Here is my setup:
ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
ASUS GTX 2080 Super
Corsair 850 Platinum PSU
There must...

Here is my setup:
ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
ASUS GTX 2080 Super
Corsair 850 Platinum PSU
There must be something wrong with your chip I am guessing, physically. Yes it is very likely a broken CPU will still show in the BIOS. Firstly I would consider inspecting the CPU to see any mishaps (unless you have no thermal paste around). Report back once you have checked it.

Solution

Snowburden

Honorable
May 9, 2014
Possibly. I did take it out and reseat it twice thinking maybe that could be it, but was wrong. I’ll thoroughly inspect to see if the pins are ok or not. Currently not at home. I’ll report back my findings.

Snowburden

Honorable
May 9, 2014
Yeah I’ve read all that. 4d is on no reference and there is literally only one thing I could find on the internet about it. On a reddit thread. Also I’ve seen 4d on my other motherboard several times before, still no reference to it. The people who encountered the error stated by getting a new CPU or even the same one, it fixed the issue.