[SOLVED] Can a bad HDD cause game stutter ?

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48485120

I play COD mw/warzone i dont get fps drops, but my game stutters alot mostly sound stuttering and quic freezes during map explosives, i have a desktop but my game is on a laptop's 500gb hdd, cuz i only have 240ssd which is not enough for cod. i removed all overclock settings from bios and afterburner, i only kept xmp, and turned off backround apps only kept MW and that stutter is still there.
do you think its storage problem? should i buy an ssd for cod mw?

Solution
If it's happening only during explosions and the like, then this is more something with the CPU or something choking the CPU. A lot of things have to happen during an explosion.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
COD in particular streams a lot of assets from disk while playing. If it has to wait for a slow laptop HDD to load the asset then absolutely, yes, that can cause stuttering in game.

I would always recommend installing games to SSD. The bigger the game, the more it will benefit. At 90GB, COD is one of the biggest games you can get, absolutely that should be on SSD if at all possible.

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
COD in particular streams a lot of assets from disk while playing. If it has to wait for a slow laptop HDD to load the asset then absolutely, yes, that can cause stuttering in game.

I would always recommend installing games to SSD. The bigger the game, the more it will benefit. At 90GB, COD is one of the biggest games you can get, absolutely that should be on SSD if at all possible.
its 200gb cuz i have mw and warzone, also would texture streaming option help? i have a good internet should i turn it on?