[SOLVED] Can a bad PSU cause frequent stutters?

Mar 8, 2021
Hello, I will keep it brief and say that I am experiencing stutters despite decent fps. The intensity and frequency of the stutters depend on the game. If the PSU is unlikely, then can an SSD also cause stutters? If both of these are unlikely, then what are some common causes for stutters?

Solution
Nvm, I understand, I ran it for 3 hours and it was still testing to I exited, first 13 tests were a pass
ssd is cheaper to test then a psu and if not the ssd then the psu is the problem. and you have a extra ssd??? i dont think it would be but it can be ringing in the lines from the psu to components. causing inflauxs in stability to them.. however it could be this is a very low end evga psu and kinda shotty
Your storage configuration is kind of weird.

A 500gb plater drive and a 2.5 inch Firecuda which is really primarily manufactured for laptop use.

I'd look at that first regarding stutters personally if these are open world data spooling titles you're having issues with.

What psu?
What game titles in particular?

Mar 8, 2021
Your storage configuration is kind of weird.

A 500gb plater drive and a 2.5 inch Firecuda which is really primarily manufactured for laptop use.

I'd look at that first regarding stutters personally if these are open world data spooling titles you're having issues with.

What psu?
What game titles in particular?

I usually play open world, but I just ran cs go and stutters are still persisting with 250+ fps, I am very confused. If you want specific game titles, rust and Valheim, this is my PSU: https://www.newegg.com/evga-100-w1-500-kr-500w/p/N82E16817438016

I don't think so, I have never encountered stutters that is caused by the PSU. With that being said your PSU is junk, I would recommend you to replace it even if it's not causing issues directly.
Yes a psu can cause stuttering i didnt go straight fot it though because it generally mean tyere voltage ring in the lines thats causing odd power fluxs to the componets but not strong or weak enough to trigger anti surge protection and power down the system

Nvm, I understand, I ran it for 3 hours and it was still testing to I exited, first 13 tests were a pass
ssd is cheaper to test then a psu and if not the ssd then the psu is the problem. and you have a extra ssd??? i dont think it would be but it can be ringing in the lines from the psu to components. causing inflauxs in stability to them.. however it could be this is a very low end evga psu and kinda shotty

Solution
Mar 8, 2021

I will probably replace both anyway since my psu is pretty bad anyway, at this point I don't understand what else it would be. I guess I can run memtest all the way today and see what happens.