[SOLVED] Can a cheap Darkflash DX360 AIO handle the heat of 13th generation 13700k CPU ?

Feb 7, 2023
My question is simple, for those who have used the Darkflash DX360, can it maintain the temp of i7-13700k to at least 60-70 degrees when gaming ?
Idle is at least 35 degrees, at full load can it have a good temp for 75 degrees?

I'm from asian country so my room temp is hot but i often use air-con at night.

Do you think this kind of liquid AIO Darkflash DX360 is good for 13th generation CPU ?

Thnks for the help....

Reactions: SalehAhmad1
Solution
Darkflash brand isn't too popular on this site; shared experiences from others regarding these products may be found lacking.
Darkflash product site has a Version 1 and Version 2. The fans included with either don't look very good though; Version 1's fans lack static pressure for a radiator, but maybe the rad FPI was lowered to compensate? No mention of that anywhere though, so probably not.
Version 2 has higher static pressure fans, but they can't move as much air. It probably evens out compared to Version 1.
Cheap and good LED fans aren't common. Good LED fans are typically expensive.

My question is simple, for those who have used already the darkflash dx 360 can it maintain the temp heat of i7-13700k in gaming for...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Darkflash brand isn't too popular on this site; shared experiences from others regarding these products may be found lacking.
Darkflash product site has a Version 1 and Version 2. The fans included with either don't look very good though; Version 1's fans lack static pressure for a radiator, but maybe the rad FPI was lowered to compensate? No mention of that anywhere though, so probably not.
Version 2 has higher static pressure fans, but they can't move as much air. It probably evens out compared to Version 1.

My question is simple, for those who have used already the darkflash dx 360 can it maintain the temp heat of i7-13700k in gaming for atleast 60-70 degrees, idle is atleast 35 degrees at for full load can it have a good temp for 75 degrees?

Im from asian country so my room temp is hot but i often use AIRCON at night.
The answer isn't simple. Whether the target is achievable depends on several factors:
-surrounding environment(case design).
-fan + rad position, and the temperature of the air entering it. Front intake > direct access to room air > lowest possible cpu operating thermals. Top exhaust > case air is the main air source > gpu heats up the case air, when active > warmer cpu thermals.
-case fan placement.
-personal fan curves.
-power plans. High performance = more energy used = more heat.

Most games don't use much cpu power(watts), but the temperature target could still be surpassed due to the temperature of the main air source(room Vs case) and how much heat energy may be passing through the cpu cooler.

Reactions: Djake
Solution
Feb 7, 2023

The answer isn't simple. Whether the target is achievable depends on several factors:
-surrounding environment(case design).
-fan + rad position, and the temperature of the air entering it. Front intake > direct access to room air > lowest possible cpu operating thermals. Top exhaust > case air is the main air source > gpu heats up the case air, when active > warmer cpu thermals.
-case fan placement.
-personal fan curves.
-power plans. High performance = more energy used = more heat.

Most games don't use much cpu power(watts), but the temperature target could still be surpassed due to the temperature of the main air source(room Vs case) and how much heat energy may be passing through the cpu cooler.
So in this case for cheap liquid AIO cooler will you recommend to me the ARCTIC FREEZER II 320mm rad or the DEEPCOOL LT720 320MM instead of darkflas for to achieve the possible lower / lowest temp and squeeze its performance for i7-13700k?

Thnks again...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So in this case for cheap liquid AIO cooler will you recommend to me the ARCTIC FREEZER II 320mm rad or the DEEPCOOL LT720 320MM instead of darkflas for to achieve the possible lower / lowest temp and squeeze its performance for i7-13700k?

Thnks again...
I couldn't pick one over the other, because I don't understand the reasons for that temperature target, a target which may not be sustainable, except if air conditioning is on whenever you're playing.
Intel designed their cpus to run max performance regardless of temperature, with the exception of 99.5C and up. Below that, performance is already maxed out.
I'd get it if this involved a Ryzen 3000/5000/7000 cpu, which cares about every few degrees, but a Core-i still doesn't to this point.

The differences between AIOs of the same size class tend to be minor, with the icebreakers being the fans used.
Perhaps flip a coin, but be aware that the Liquid Freezer IIs may present compatibility issues, as the radiators are a bit thicker than most others.

Reactions: Djake