Question Can a failing gfx card cause windows 10 slowdowns?

Towerslover101

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
When playing games, video editing, using Lightroom or Photoshop my PC runs Blisteringly fast.

Yet switching between tasks or opening windows can take upto 60 seconds with a very evident lag /slow down

My system is a

Ryzen 3800x
64gb ddr4
1080ti
2x ssd and 4x optical hdds

Windows is running off the ssd

AND I've never had this issue until about 6 weeks ago, I formatted the drive and reinstalled windows but it's still the same.,ive also had the case open and all wires checked and replaced the sata cable for the SSD.

So that comes to the last thing in mind, can this slow downs be caused by the gfx card? Despite the fact that games can run in 4k without any issues and I can render 4k videos as fast as I normally do.

Thanks

When playing games, video editing, using Lightroom or Photoshop my PC runs Blisteringly fast.

Yet switching between tasks or opening windows can take upto 60 seconds with a very evident lag /slow down

My system is a

Ryzen 3800x
64gb ddr4
1080ti
2x ssd and 4x optical hdds

Windows is running off the ssd

AND I've never had this issue until about 6 weeks ago, I formatted the drive and reinstalled windows but it's still the same.,ive also had the case open and all wires checked and replaced the sata cable for the SSD.

So that comes to the last thing in mind, can this slow downs be caused by the gfx card? Despite the fact that games can run in 4k without any issues and I can render 4k videos as fast as I normally do.

Thanks

I think you should test out your psu can you name your psu make because sometimes psu can cause shutdowns