Question Can a faulty / dying CPU cause Monitors to lose display?

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Title.
I've been having problems with my displays for almost half a year now. I'll lose display on both my monitors (they aren't turning off, they just lose display) and the only way to get them back is to turn my computer off then back on again. Unplugging, plugging in HDMI / Display Port cables will do nothing.

I'm asking if a CPU can cause this, or even just a Motherboard, because I have tried everything else I can think of:
  • Resetting the PC via Recovery
  • Reinstalling Windows via USB
  • Reinstalling Monitor Drivers
  • Reinstalling and updating GPU drivers
  • Tried different HDMI / Display Port Cables and ports in the Monitors and GPU
  • Tried brand new HDMI Cables
  • Tried different monitors
  • Tried a different GPU
  • Tried a different Power Supply
  • Checked drives health (They're all 95-100% healthy with no problems)
My temps are all fine as well. Nothing going over 60C even while gaming.
Which seems more likely, if either, to cause this problem? CPU or Motherboard. I'm fairly broke at the moment due to study.

Title.
I've been having problems with my displays for almost half a year now. I'll lose display on both my monitors (they aren't turning off, they just lose display) and the only way to get them back is to turn my computer off then back on again. Unplugging, plugging in HDMI / Display Port cables will do nothing.

I'm asking if a CPU can cause this, or even just a Motherboard, because I have tried everything else I can think of:
  • Resetting the PC via Recovery
  • Reinstalling Windows via USB
  • Reinstalling Monitor Drivers
  • Reinstalling and updating GPU drivers
  • Tried different HDMI / Display Port Cables and ports in the Monitors and GPU
  • Tried brand new HDMI Cables
  • Tried different monitors
  • Tried a different GPU
  • Tried a different Power Supply
  • Checked drives health (They're all 95-100% healthy with no problems)
My temps are all fine as well. Nothing going over 60C even while gaming.
Which seems more likely, if either, to cause this problem? CPU or Motherboard. I'm fairly broke at the moment due to study.
Yes, CPU and MB can cause such problems but RAM can too.