Question Can a faulty MB battery cause a boot failure if the PC hasn't been used for at least 8 hours?

Jun 12, 2019
I already have talked about the Z390 Aorus ULTRA's boot problems. Now I am taking into consideration the probabiltity that the battery is noot good enough to save my bios settings for 8 hours, so this would be the cause of the boot failures. Can I be right about the battery? I will buy a new battery today and replace it to see if I manage to fix it. Since last week, whenever I don't use my PC for more than 8 hours I get infinite booting (the PC restarts several times until it finally boots into Windows). As soon as it boots into the OS (Windows 10), everything works normally.
I really hope it is the battery and that I don't have to change the MB again

if battery fails, during boot it will say stock settings were used, pres some key to continue or press another key to enter bios, even without battery pc would work

cold boot issues usualy means misconfigured hardware (mostly ram)

your board have ez debug/dr debug led
it should tells you some code on it when it get stuck

If it really were the battery I would agree that you would be seeing some form of confirmation window, typically a CMOS checksum error.
One way to be sure is to let it sit for the say 8 hours, then toggle the PSU switch off for a few seconds. That would really show if you had a bad battery.

Jun 12, 2019
if battery fails, during boot it will say stock settings were used, pres some key to continue or press another key to enter bios, even without battery pc would work

cold boot issues usualy means misconfigured hardware (mostly ram)

your board have ez debug/dr debug led
it should tells you some code on it when it get stuck
Hi! There a led that lights on indicating that the CPU would be the problem at boot. But after finally booting, the PC works fine