Can a faulty monitor damage GPU?

Kirilenko

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I have old LCD monitor from 2004 that makes electric/static like noises if I wiggle the VGA cable at the VGA and Monitor connection place.Can this be indicator that it's faulty and if so, can this damage my modern GPU?

Solution
I guess something could short something and feed back down the cable to the card ??? only you being there first hand can determine that and weigh the risk you want to take ??

I'd think if I thought that it was something that may end being added costly or may cause extra damage I would try to resolve it like maybe get a new monitor

one new monitor is cheaper the a new monitor and a new card and if at worse anything right on down the line [ your whole system is all plugged in together as one unit ]

it all your call in the end on whats best
I guess something could short something and feed back down the cable to the card ??? only you being there first hand can determine that and weigh the risk you want to take ??

I'd think if I thought that it was something that may end being added costly or may cause extra damage I would try to resolve it like maybe get a new monitor

one new monitor is cheaper the a new monitor and a new card and if at worse anything right on down the line [ your whole system is all plugged in together as one unit ]

it all your call in the end on whats best

Solution