Question Can a gtx 1030/60 fit in hp compaq elite 8300 (motherboard model 3397)

Oct 17, 2022
I have a gt 730 and i want to upgrade so i am not sure if a 1030/60 CAN fit in so i need help...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022
Hi, I would say so yes. It's more about the power supply as often these cards can require more power than the motherboard can provide. Check what the power requirements are and perhaps think about physical space in the computer too.

Reactions: 888838388
Oct 17, 2022
Hi, I would say so yes. It's more about the power supply as often these cards can require more power than the motherboard can provide. Check what the power requirements are and perhaps think about physical space in the computer too.
so even tho it says for GDDR5 it still can fit and work properly in my computer? (just making sure for last time)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GPU memory is independent of system memory. You have have DDR3, DDR4, DDR5, GDDR3, GDDR4, GDDR5(x), GDDR6(x) on a video card. (These are the contemporary options, but older memory technologies aren't likely to be found on PCIe cards, maybe DDR2)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are a few low profile GTX 1060, but they are generally pretty expensive. Try to track down a used card if you can.

Should also be a few GTX1650 low profile.

Keep in mind that you will be pulling up to 75W for a GPU like the 1060 or 1650, and the standard PSU may be as low as 240W. With a 65W CPU, some fans, drives, etc, it may drastically reduce the lifespan of the PSU and make the computer a bit loud.

There are replacement HP PSUs that you can get, but at some point you might consider transplanting that motherboard to a new chassis and get an ATX to HP power adapter (you can find these on ebay/amazon/etc) So you can use full height GPUs and standard PSUs. (Or take the plunge and go with all non-OEM parts)

3rd gen Intel can easily be replaced with something like a first or second gen Ryzen. Start with a B450 board, and a few years down the road you can pick up a used Ryzen 5000 CPU to keep it contemporary. This will mean new DDR4 though, but it is quite inexpensive right now.

Oct 17, 2022
There are a few low profile GTX 1060, but they are generally pretty expensive. Try to track down a used card if you can.

Should also be a few GTX1650 low profile.

Keep in mind that you will be pulling up to 75W for a GPU like the 1060 or 1650, and the standard PSU may be as low as 240W. With a 65W CPU, some fans, drives, etc, it may drastically reduce the lifespan of the PSU and make the computer a bit loud.

There are replacement HP PSUs that you can get, but at some point you might consider transplanting that motherboard to a new chassis and get an ATX to HP power adapter (you can find these on ebay/amazon/etc) So you can use full height GPUs and standard PSUs. (Or take the plunge and go with all non-OEM parts)

3rd gen Intel can easily be replaced with something like a first or second gen Ryzen. Start with a B450 board, and a few years down the road you can pick up a used Ryzen 5000 CPU to keep it contemporary. This will mean new DDR4 though, but it is quite inexpensive right now.

What do you mean by low profile