Question Can a GTX 1070 Ti 8gb work in my setup?

tbarzee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2019
I've been new to PC gaming for a few years now and have finally been able to upgrade my system's graphics card. Does this graphics card work for my setup when I go to replace it?
Current Setup:
Windows 10
MSI B250 Bazooka Motherboard
Intel Extreme i7-7700k CPU @ 4.2 ghz
Thermaltake SP-600AH2NKW SMART SERIES 600 watt Power Supply
16gb DDR4 ram
Radeon RX-480 4gb
120 gb SSD
SATA III 2TB 7200 RPM HDD

If there's any other info needed I'll try to be hasty with replies.

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan

tbarzee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2019
Replace it, there's no way I'd risk a 1070 ti with that PSU.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Power Supply: SeaSonic - G 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-22 18:49 EDT-0400
So I bought that power supply but the cords didn't come with an 8 pin cable. Do I need to get an adapter or do I ship it's back and get a different one? Not sure if the adapter option is bad or not. The psu has a 4 pin (x2) and a 12 pin coming out of the unit while having two pci-e slots and 4 peripheral/SATA slots on the back. Also my motherboard has an 8 pin slot on the top left I might have the same issue with as well.

So I bought that power supply but the cords didn't come with an 8 pin cable.

That PSU model comes with 2 PCI-EXPRESS 6+2-PIN CONNECTORS. You need to use one these to power up your GPU, if this is what you are asking for ?:

0XXJuyA.jpg

Reactions: WildCard999

WildCard999

Titan
So I bought that power supply but the cords didn't come with an 8 pin cable. Do I need to get an adapter or do I ship it's back and get a different one? Not sure if the adapter option is bad or not. The psu has a 4 pin (x2) and a 12 pin coming out of the unit while having two pci-e slots and 4 peripheral/SATA slots on the back. Also my motherboard has an 8 pin slot on the top left I might have the same issue with as well.
As long as all of the parts are in the box you should have two-6+2 pin PCIE cables for the GPU. The cables should be labeled as well, PCIE/CPU/24-pin for the motherboard/etc. The main cables are connected to the PSU while additional cables for the GPU will have to be manually connected.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.