Question Can a laptop keyboard soften with time?

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Hey, guys, what's up!
I recently bought an Asus Vivobook X510UA laptop, which is doing a really great job with me.
The only downside, however, is the fact that its keyboard looks very rigid.
Sometimes, when I'm typing, some keys are not registered, as if I haven't pressed it enough.
Maybe I'm too used to my old laptop (Dell Vostro 5470), which had an excelent key system, or maybe the notebook is just too "new".
Is there really a thing like "not very soft" keys due the fact the laptop is brand new?
Is there any way of softing the keys?
I'm almost sure my notebook is not faulty, since all keys are registred. It just has, in my opinion, a very awkward keyboard dynamics.
Thanks!

Last edited:
You are really looking at this thing from the wrong perspective.

Rather than waiting for it to soften, humans have the tendency to "adapt" rather quickly if you don't fight it. U keep thinking "but my old blah-blah worked that way" and u will never be happy.

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
You are really looking at this thing from the wrong perspective.

Rather than waiting for it to soften, humans have the tendency to "adapt" rather quickly if you don't fight it. U keep thinking "but my old blah-blah worked that way" and u will never be happy.
Thanks, mate.
I'm just very conservative. Although proceeding to a relatively large research, I didn't find any complaints regarding the laptop keyboard. That's why I bought with no fears.
For your experience, you believe that it would not soften with time, I might just get used to it?
Thanks!

Because your other option is to try as many as possible, this made difficult due to disappearing brick&mortal stores, and reviews don't exactly give an objective rating to keyboard feel.

Don't know what to do with your conservative comment. New things will be different, that's life.

TRENDING THREADS